The 2018 Summer Update is the 27th update for Asphalt 8: Airborne. It was shown in a livestream on Asphalt's Facebook page on June 13, 2018 and released on June 14 for iOS and Android and June 18 for Windows.
Discover everything you need to know about the upcoming Summer Update!
TOMORROW IS HERE
Welcome the 2018 McLaren X2 -- a glimpse into the future of F1 racing in Asphalt 8. Ultimate power and speed emanate from the X2, and now you can conquer it. Do you have what it takes to dive into tomorrow? Stay tuned to find out.
Experience classic Asphalt 8 events in the new Asphalt Moments series. Revisit your favorite challenges and rediscover racing history for all-new prizes!
PORSCHE 70TH ANNIVERSARY
Riding in a Porsche is always a unique experience. Celebrate the carmaker's 70th Anniversary by driving the brand's legendary vehicles, including the Porsche 911 GT3 RS, the Cayman GT4, and many more!
HOT SUMMER, HOTTER CARS
Get a taste of sunshine from the Rimac Concept S, Sbarro GT1, Zenvo TS1 GT, Mazda RX-8 Special Edition, Rezvani Beast Alpha, and 2018 McLaren X2 -- and make the most of this summer!
SPECIAL EVENTS SERIES
Hop onto the seat of Asphalt's greatest supercars in our Special Events Series -- and keep an eye out for one-of-a-kind offers!
The new vehicles will need the following engine cards:
- i4 Engine
- Rezvani Beast Alpha (x52)
- V8 Engine
- Sbarro GT1 (x40)
- Zenvo TS1 GT (x56)
- Electric Engine
- Rimac Concept S (x36)
- Rotary Engine
- Mazda RX-8 Special Edition (x32)
- Custom Racing Engine
- 2018 McLaren X2 (x64)
- The Asphalt Moments Series is a new series of special events that are repeats of previous special events.
- Reduction in pro kits Fusion Points:
- The Fusion Points for Common Pro Cards have been reduced from 650 to 500 while Rare Pro Cards were reduced from 1500 to 1000.
- The Fusion Points for Blueprints have been reduced by 50%. Common Blueprints now give 1,500 points, rare Blueprints give 4,500 and legendary Blueprints give 9,000.
- The Season 9 duplicate race for the Porsche 718 Boxster S, set in Dubai Reverse, has been removed.
- There is no longer a loading screen when the player restarts or replays a race event when online. Previously it could only be done when offline.
- Despite this, the traffic pattern will occasionally change when the race is restarted or replayed, being carried on from the previous update.
- Vehicles that give Champion Kit Boxes as rewards in their Masteries have changed into Blueprint boxes.
- Rimac Concept S R&D June 14, 2018
- Zenvo TS1 GT R&D
- Sbarro GT1 Championship
- Mazda RX-8 Special Edition R&D
- Rezvani Beast Alpha Championship
- 2018 McLaren X2 Championship
- Asphalt 9 Championship
- Porsche Events
- Porsche 718 Boxster S Championship
- Porsche Cayman GT4 Championship
- Porsche 911 GT3 RS R&D
- Porsche 918 Spyder with Weissach Package EDD
- Asphalt Moments Series
Bugs / Glitches
- On Windows (while the update is still not rolled out), the vehicle prices were reverted to the ones prior to the Fall Out Boy Update. This means that cars such as the Devel Sixteen, Tramontana XTR, and Chrysler ME412 become Tokens-only, while the likes of Lykan Hypersport, Lamborghini Veneno, Ford Shelby GT500, Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4, etc become Credits-only. This issue does not appear on Android or iOS, either before or after the update.
- This was fixed on June 15, 2018, before the release of the 2018 Summer Update.
- The following glitch(es) still persist from the 2018 Spring Update:
- Longer loading times (Android)
- Gameplay lag (Android)
- Aggressive AI: AI racers are reportedly to be more aggressive and more likely to chase the player.
- No nitro refill during air times: Occasionally the nitro bar may not be recharged when the player drives the vehicle into the air (without triggering stunts such as barrel rolls and flat spins).
- This update has the firsts of the following:
- The first since the Porsche Update to not add any new motorcycle.
- The first since the Car Blueprints Update to release a vehicle unlockable through a McLaren Championship.
- This is also the first update since the same update to release a vehicle that uses a Custom Racing Engine.
- The first since the Winter Update to add a Rimac vehicle.
- Currently, Rimac holds the second longest gap for a model to add having 20 updates, 4 years and 5 months, after the Pagani with 23 updates, 4 years and 1 month.
- The first since the Elite Cars Update to add a Mazda vehicle.
- This is also the first update since the same update to add a vehicle that uses a rotary engine.
- This update once again reuses the Research & Development Update icon featuring the McLaren P1™ GTR for the 8th time.
|Updates for Asphalt 8: Airborne|
|2013||Free to Play Update (v1.1.0)|
|2014|| Daily Bonus Update (v1.2.0) • The Great Wall Update (v1.3.0) |
Fuel Events Update (v1.4.0) • Dubai Update (v1.5.0)
San Diego Harbor Update (v1.6.0) • Winter Update (v1.7.0)
|2015|| Decals Update (v1.8.0) • More Than 300 Decals Update (v1.8.1) |
Tenerife Update (v1.9.0) • Car Mastery Update (v2.0.0)
Research & Development Update (v2.1.0) • Santa's Gift Update (v2.2.0)
|2016|| Lunar New Year Update (v2.3.0) • Elite Cars Update (v2.4.0) |
Enduro Update (v2.5.0) • Rio de Janeiro Update (v2.6.0)
Multiplayer League Update (v2.7.0) • Championship Update (v2.8.0)
|2017|| Lunar New Year 2017 Update (v2.9.0) • Car Blueprints Update (v3.0.0) |
Porsche Update (v3.1.0) • Motorcycles Update (v3.2.0)
Munich Update (v3.3.0) • Hot Wheels Update (v3.4.0)
|2018|| Fall Out Boy Update (v3.5.0) • 2018 Spring Update (v3.6.0)
2018 Summer Update (v3.7.0)