Asphalt 8: Airborne is a 2013 racing video game, developed and published by Gameloft as part of the Asphalt series. It was released on August 22, 2013 for iOS and Android, and on November 13, 2013 for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8.
Race Modes Edit
- Gate Drift
There are 18 locations in the game and a total of 53 playable tracks.
- Nevada Reverse
- Iceland Reverse
- Tokyo Reverse
- French Guiana
- French Guiana
- Fr. Guiana Rev.
- Westminster Bridge
- The London Eye
- Alps Reverse
- Barcelona Reverse
- Venice Reverse
- Azure Coast
- Azure Coast
- Azure Coast Reverse
- The Great Wall — Added in The Great Wall Update
- The Great Wall
- Great Wall Rev.
- The Dragon's Den
- Buddha's Teachings
- Temple Drive
- Wall Ascent
- Dubai — Added in the Dubai Update
- Dubai Reverse
- The Rose of the Desert
- The Mirage
- San Diego Harbor — Added in the San Diego Harbor Update
- San Diego Harbor
- San Diego Harbor Rev.
- Sector 8 — Added in the Winter Update
- Sector 8
- Sector 8 Reverse
- Tenerife — Added in the Tenerife Update
- Dragon Tree
- Cloud Nine
- Mount Teide
- Sky Drop
- Area 51 — Added in the Santa's Gift Update
- Test Site: Omega
- The Secret Lab
- Route 375-1
- Rio de Janeiro — Added in the Rio de Janeiro Update
- Ipanema Showdown
- Rapido Park
- Highland View
- Oceanview Derby
- Patagonia — Added in the Lunar New Year 2017 Update
- Crystal Lake
- Avalanche Alley
- The River Fort
- Ice Cave
- Munich Subway — Added in the Munich Update
- Market Square
- Rapid Transit
- Rooftop Raceway
- Mosaic Motorway
The Rio de Janiero, Patagonia, and Munich maps do not appear in any Career races, excluding Beyond, Exclusive Metal Events and Mclaren Legends Season (Season 10)
Asphalt 8: Airborne currently has 209 playable vehicles (202 cars and 7 motorcycles), divided into 5 classes: D, C, B, A and S. For the full list of vehicles, see: this page. Many vehicles belong to a Collection, that give Credits or Items as bonus when the player owns all vehicles of a collection.
The "real" speed of cars (mostly Class S cars) differs from what is indicated in the HUD. Check the page Speed Modification for more details.
An overview for all cars’ Nitro efficiency.
Career Mode Edit
- Main article: Asphalt 8: Airborne/Career Mode
Moto Blitz Edit
- Main article: Asphalt 8: Airborne/Moto Blitz
There are three ways to play a multiplayer match on asphalt 8:
- The Local Wi-Fi Race
- Time-limited online Events (TLEs)
- The Multiplayer League introduced in the Multiplayer League Update, replacing the now-defunct global World Series 'tournament'
Car Mastery Edit
Introduced in the Car Mastery Update, Car Mastery (or just Mastery) is another single player game mode. It offers 15 single-lap races for each car of the game, with the possibility to earn Credits, Car Upgrades, Boosters, Tokens and Licenses. See the dedicated Car Mastery page for more details.
Research & Development Edit
- Main article: Research & Development
- Main article: Asphalt 8: Airborne/Achievements
- Main article: Asphalt 8: Airborne/Music
Stay updated Edit
The in-game news feed Gameloft Confidential is also available as web page, though it is not fully functional. The videos can be watched, when you remove the link: prefix from the URL.
|Updates for Asphalt 8: Airborne|
|2013||Free to Play Update (v1.1.0)|
|2014|| Daily Bonus Update (v1.2.0) • The Great Wall Update (v1.3.0) |
Fuel Events Update (v1.4.0) • Dubai Update (v1.5.0)
San Diego Harbor Update (v1.6.0) • Winter Update (v1.7.0)
|2015|| Decals Update (v1.8.0) • More Than 300 Decals Update (v1.8.1) |
Tenerife Update (v1.9.0) • Car Mastery Update (v2.0.0)
Research & Development Update (v2.1.0) • Santa's Gift Update (v2.2.0)
|2016|| Lunar New Year Update (v2.3.0) • Elite Cars Update (v2.4.0) |
Enduro Update (v2.5.0) • Rio de Janeiro Update (v2.6.0)
Multiplayer League Update (v2.7.0) • Championship Update (v2.8.0)
|2017|| Lunar New Year 2017 Update (v2.9.0) • Car Blueprints Update (v3.0.0) |
Porsche Update (v3.1.0) • Motorcycles Update (v3.2.0)
Munich Update (v3.3.0) • Hot Wheels Update (v3.4.0)
Discover the new update!
Now you can personalize your favorite cars!
Premium cars for everyone!
- The android version of Asphalt 8: Airborne stores its save data in
- The first teaser trailer was released in June 2013.
- The "Seasons" are references to the old Asphalt Classic Series. This lists contains the "Season" names:
- Asphalt 3: Street Rules
- Asphalt 4: Elite Racing
- Asphalt 5: Injection
- Asphalt 6: Adrenaline
- Asphalt 7: Heat
- Asphalt 8: Airborne