Azure Coast (formerly Monaco before v2.8.1) is a location in Asphalt 8: Airborne. In real life, the Azure Coast is based on the Côte d'Azur (French Riviera), which includes the independent microstate of Monaco, a small city-state that borders France, famous for Formula One races that take place inside.
Azure Coast has two race tracks variants:
- Azure Coast: regular track
- Azure Coast Reverse: with the same starting point as in the regular track.
Azure Coast is notorious for its long straights where high speeds are reached, and for the total absence of ramps. The Rose of the Desert and The Mirage also have no ramps. The track is 6.06 mi (9.75 km) long. In the middle of the track, a set of hairpin curves similar to those found at the beginning of Iceland appear. The track's layout is partially based on real life Formula One race track Circuit de Monaco, complete with a lack of ramps (although air time is still possible, usually with a very fast car).
The following vehicles have their banners depicted in Azure Coast:
- Ferrari 308 GTS
- BMW M1
- Mercedes-Benz CLA 45 AMG Racing Series
- Sbarro Sparta
- Nissan GT-R (R35)
- Ferrari F40
- Shelby Cobra 427
- Ford 2006 GT
- BMW 3.0 CSL Hommage
- Pagani Huayra
- Ferrari Enzo Ferrari
Recommended vehicles Edit
- Cars with high top speed/nitro durations excel here, due to the track's long straights and lack of nitro pickups on the main route. Thus, cars like the Mercedes-Benz CLA 45 AMG Racing Series, Aston Martin One-77, McLaren P1™ GTR, and Devel Sixteen Prototype are prime choices.
- Cars with superb handling are also a formidable choice because of the series of hairpin curves in the middle of the track. As such, cars with very poor handling like the Cadillac 16 Concept and nanoFlowcell QUANT FE are highly discouraged. Despite the aforementioned Devel Sixteen Prototype also having very poor handling, this can be compensated by setting the handling sensitivity to 100% and giving the car a suitable elite tuning or by being very skilled.
- Azure Coast shares its track layout with the Monte Carlo and Alps tracks from Asphalt 6: Adrenaline and Asphalt Nitro, respectively.
- Azure Coast is the last original track to be introduced to the player.
- Azure Coast is the only original track to not have ramps at all.
- A billboard showing the loading screen of the game can be seen at one route of the track.
- Prior to the Championship Update, Azure Coast was named Monaco.
- In the Car Blueprints Update, some billboards in the track were changed.
- Azure Coast's background sound effects are reused for Rio de Janeiro, particularly Rapido Park and Highland View (in Exclusive Metal Events).
|Race Tracks in Asphalt 8: Airborne|
|Original Tracks||Nevada • Iceland • Tokyo • French Guiana • London • Barcelona • Alps • Venice • Azure Coast|
|Time-Released Tracks||The Great Wallg • Dubaid • San Diego Harbors • Sector 8w • Tenerifet • Area 51sg • Rio de Janeiror • Patagonialny|
|g - The Great Wall Update, d - Dubai Update, s - San Diego Harbor Update, w - Winter Update, t - Tenerife Update, sg - Santa's Gift Update, r - Rio de Janeiro Update, lny - Lunar New Year 2017 Update|