- While being one of the most expensive-to upgrade Tokens car, it is the third cheapest car bought by tokens, only more expensive than the Acura NSX 2005 ( 525) and Renault DeZir ( 180).
- The BMW M3 Sedan is one of the few cars that are released before its respective cup started. The BMW M3 Sedan cup started in June 22nd but the car itself was added at the end of May.
- The BMW M3 Sedan is the first D Class car released to use the "High_Performance" pre-race revving engine sound.
- The BMW M3 Sedan uses the 'm3_gt2_v8' engine sound even though it uses an Inline-6 engine.
- This is also heard on the Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34).
- Even though the BMW M3 Sedan has an Inline-6 turbo engine in real life, its Level 5 Pro Kits require Flat-6 engine cards. This is because the Inline-6 engine card was not available when the M3 Sedan was released.
- The BMW M3 Sedan and Mazda RX-8 are the only Class D cars that require legendary engine cards in their Pro Kit formulas, the M3 needs F6 engine cards while the RX-8 needs Rotary engine cards.
- The BMW M3 Sedan is the second car that is obtainable as a Daily Bonus reward. It was given out in October 2016 for 31 days of consecutive log-ins.