- The BMW M3 Sedan is one of the few cars that are released before its respective cup started. The BMW M3 Sedan cup started in June 22nd but the car itself was added at the end of May.
- The BMW M3 Sedan is the first D Class car released to use the "High_Performance" pre-race revving engine sound.
- The BMW M3 Sedan uses the "BMW M3 GT2 V8" engine sound despite using an inline-6 engine.
- Even though the BMW M3 Sedan has a twin-turbo inline-6 engine in real life, its Pro Kits require F6 Engine cards. This is because the i6 Engine card was not available when the M3 Sedan was released.
- The BMW M3 Sedan is the second car that is obtainable as a Daily Bonus reward. It was given out in October 2016 for 31 days of consecutive log-ins.