- Drive in Style
- General Motors exhibited a concept sedan called the XTS Platinum at the 2010 North American International Auto Show after privately unveiling the vehicle to automotive journalists on August 11, 2009. The Platinum version went on sale in 2013.
- The Cadillac XTS is one of the slowest cars alongside the Tesla Model S and the Ford F-150.
- The Cadillac XTS's competitors are the Mercedes-Benz S550, Lexus LS 460, BMW 740i and the Jaguar XJ Portfolio. Therefore, the Cadillac XTS is the only American full-size luxury car in the competition.
- The Cadillac XTS's platform is GM Epsilon II, its platform is shared with the Chevrolet Impala (tenth generation), Buick LaCrosse (second generation) and the Saab 9-5 (second generation) although the Saab 9-5 is discontinued.
- The Cadillac CT6 was unveiled at the 2015 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) and is available in both rear-wheel drive and all-wheel drive. The Cadillac CT6 will be Cadillac's new flagship sedan, taking over the XTS's flagship sedan.