The only currency in the game until the inclusion of Tokens with the 2014 Winter update, Credits are a fundamental element of the game, being the primary way to purchase in-game objects without having to spend real money, since Tokens are much harder to obtain. Credits can be won by finishing races, winning Time-Limited Events, completing vehicle collections or purchasing credit packs. Credits earned at the end of races can also be increased by the Double Credits booster, completing Bonus Star Requirements and the Daily Bonus multiplier.
Items bought with Credits
- A majority of the cars in the game are purchasable with credits. As of the Elite Cars Update, several have the option of paying with either currency.
- The Decals Update also introduced customizable decals you can buy for cars (hence the name), many of which can be purchased with credits.
- The Super Racer Kit Box is the only Pro Box that is purchasable with credits.
- The Upgrades and Pro Kits for each vehicle are purchasable with credits. As of the Lunar New Year Update, several of the subsequent cars have the option of paying with either currency for MAX Upgrades.
- As of June 26th, 2017, a fourth Exclusive Deal is purchasable using credits.
Credit packs are an in-app purchase that provides the player a set amount of credits in exchange for real money. While the price for a pack increases for a bigger payout, the larger packs are overall of more value as the player gains a larger amount for a reduced money → credits cost ratio. With the Rio de Janeiro Update, each credit pack will also award the player with VIP points for the VIP system.
- Rookie Credit Pack: 30,000 & 200 VIP points
- Driver Credit Pack: 80,000 & 500 VIP points
- Pilot Credit Pack: 175,000 & 1,000 VIP points
- Pro Credit Pack: 420,000 & 2,000 VIP points
- Champion Credit Pack: 1,200,000 & 5,000 VIP points
- Master Credit Pack: 3,000,000 & 10,000 VIP points
Transferability with Tokens
There is no official conversion rate between credits and tokens in Asphalt 8: Airborne. A token is worth 138 on average and at the most, 312. This is only an estimate as the amount of in-game tokens received for an equivalent value of credits depends largely on what you purchased.
In general, the lower the credit/token ratio of the car price is, the more economical it would be to purchase the car with credits instead of tokens. Due to the scarcity and high value of tokens to most players, it is usually a better choice to purchase item with credits and save the tokens for other uses.
- The Rookie Credit Pack ( 30,000) and Handful of Tokens Pack ( 200) at US$1.99; 150 credits per token.
- The Driver Credit Pack ( 80,000) and Stack of Tokens Pack ( 525) at US$4.99; 152 credits per token.
- The Pilot Credit Pack ( 175,000) and Hoard of Tokens Pack ( 1,100) at US$9.99; 159 credits per token.
- The Pro Credit Pack ( 420,000) and Mountain of Tokens Pack ( 2,400) at US$19.99; 175 credits per token.
- The Champion Credit Pack ( 1,200,000) and Truckload of Tokens Pack ( 6,500) at US$49.99; 185 credits per token.
- The Master Credit Pack ( 3,000,000) and Vault of Tokens Pack ( 15,000) at US$99.99; 200 credits per token.
- The Suzuki GSX-R750 at 30,000 or 150; 200 credits per token
- The Volkswagen Beetle Turbo at 26,000 or 180; 144 credits per token
- The Ferrari 308 GTS at 120,000 or 1,100; 109 credits per token
- The Mazda RX-8 at 325,000 or 1,850; 175 credits per token
- The Buick Avista Concept at 425,000 or 2,400; 177 credits per token
- The Range Rover Evoque Coupe HSE Dynamic at 125,000 or 525; 238 credits per token
- The Acura NSX 2005 at 90,000 or 525; 171 credits per token
- The Felino cB7 at 325,000 or 2,100; 155 credits per token
- The Lamborghini Miura at 325,000 or 2,100; 155 credits per token
- The Mitsubishi Eclipse at 395,000 or 2,300; 171 credits per token
- The Mercedes-Benz CLA 45 AMG Racing Series at 495,000 or 2,400; 206 credits per token
- The Honda Integra Type-R at 450,000 or 2,650; 155 credits per token
- The Chevrolet SS at 890,000 or 5,800; 153 credits per token
- The TVR Sagaris at 900,000 or 5,950; 151 credits per token
- The Lamborghini Estoque at 950,000 or 6,200; 153 credits per token
- The Mercedes-AMG GT3 at 1,000,000 or 6,425; 156 credits per token
- The 2010 Bentley Continental Supersports at 1,100,000 or 6,525; 169 credits per token
- The Ferrari F12berlinetta at 125,000 or 2,200; 57 credits per token
- The Jaguar XJ220S at 1,600,000 or 6,350; 252 credits per token
- The nanoFlowcell QUANT FE at 1,200,000 or 6,500; 185 credits per token
- The HTT Pléthore LC 750 at 3,250,000 or 15,450; 210 credits per token
- The Renault Sport R.S. 01 at 3,500,000 or 16,625; 211 credits per token
- The Mosler Land Shark at 3,750,000 or 17,825; 210 credits per token
While every race in the game (except for Quick Solo Race and failed Flawless races) has a Credits payout, the fastest method of earning credits is with Season 9: Beyond or Car Mastery Challenge #14/#15 events, preferably on short tracks such as San Diego Harbor, Alps, Dubai, Rio de Janeiro, Munich Subway, and some layouts of The Great Wall. Listed below are the currently most proficient cars at Credits-grinding at Challenge 15.
|Car||Track||Race Type||Base Payout ( )||Avg. Race Length (s)||Avg. per Hour|
|Weber Faster One||The Mirage||Flawless||6,000||46||338,182|
|McLaren 675LT||Dubai Reverse||Unplugged||6,085||47||337,702|
|Pagani Huayra BC||The London Eye||Unplugged||6,135||49||?|
|GT by CITROEN||The London Eye||Flawless||6,185||49|
|McLaren F1 XP-5||Dubai Reverse||Unplugged||5,805||46|
|Vanda Electrics Dendrobium||The London Eye||Unplugged||6,130||50||324,890|
|McLaren Mercedes MP4-25||Alps||Unplugged||5,895||48||322,677|
|Bentley EXP10 Speed 6||Alps Reverse||Unplugged||6,060||50||321,943|
|W Motors Lykan HyperSport||Dubai||Unplugged||5,950||49||320,870|
|SSC Tuatara||The London Eye||Unplugged||5,975||50||317,572|
|Koenigsegg Agera R||Alps Reverse||Unplugged||5,975||54||300,406|
|BMW 3.0 CSL Hommage||San Diego Harbor||Flawless||5,795||52||299,750|
|RUF CTR 3||San Diego Harbor||Flawless||5,895||55||292,560|
|Sbarro Alcador||San Diego Harbor||Flawless||5,790||55||287,520|
While racing with boosters (Nitro Starter & Tuning Kit) will reduce the race duration, it is more detrimental than going un-boosted as the additional cost for 1 hour of usage will outweigh the increased profit for an overall loss in credit accumulation (assuming that the boosters were not purchased through Exclusive Deals, earned via Time Limited Events or completing Collections).
While the 2015 GTA Spano has comparable profitability to the cars mentioned above, this is rendered impractical with its paywall restriction and Elite Car status with tune-ups for it taking 2 hours and 30 minutes to complete.
As previously mentioned, completing certain Collections in the game will award the player with a credit reward. Listed below are all of the collections with a credit reward.