The Elite Cars Update, is the v2.4.0 update of Asphalt 8: Airborne, which was released on March 31, 2016 for iOS, April 1, 2016 for Android, and April 6, 2016 for Windows. This update introduced Elite Cars.
The following text was published on the Apple Store:
- Let your engine roar in celebration of this brand-new update!
- REPLAYKIT SUPPORT: Record your best race times & share them with the community! (Exclusive to iOS 9 users.)
- R&D SERIES: Strap on your helmet; it’s time to test drive 2 new beasts! Prove your skills for a chance to win them!
- NEW CARS: The Lamborghini Miura, Mosler Super GT, Mazda RX-8 & other amazing cars will be gradually added to the line-up! Stay tuned to facebook.com/AsphaltGame to know when each one is released.
- ELITE CARS: With great performance comes great responsibility. Take special care of these exclusive rides to bring out their full potential!
- A DELUGE OF DECALS: Pick up a massive pack of stylin’ new decals in the Shop. Then hit the track with your one-of-a-kind style!
- Class D
- Class C
- Mitsubishi Eclipse (Token Car)
- Class B
- Honda Integra Type-R (Token and Credit Car)
- Class A
- Class S
The new cars will need the following engine cards:
- i4 Engine: Honda Integra Type-R (12), Mazda 6 (12)
- V6 Engine: Mitsubishi Eclipse (12)
- V8 Engine: Mosler Super GT (56)
- Rotary Engine: Mazda RX-8 (4)
- i6 Engine: BMW 3.0 CSL Hommage (8)
- V16 Engine: Devel Sixteen Prototype (24)
- Elite Cars introduced. These are a new kind of cars that need maintenance to be at their top performance. See the dedicated page for more information.
- Before this update, a car could be bought using Credits or Tokens, depending on the car, but not both, where as Upgrades could only be bought using Credits, the same as Pro Kits. Further expanded in this update are two cars where the user can choose whether to pay with Credits or with Tokens. Also the Upgrades of all introduced cars can be purchased with Tokens, some for Mosler Super GT or BMW 3.0 CSL Hommage even must be purchased with tokens (or a Free Upgrade, potentially earned in the R&D events). The Pro Kits, however, remain to be purchased using Credits.
- With this choice of which currency to use, it is possible to calculate an in-game exchange rate. Before, the only comparison was the price of an in-app purchase, resulting in 1 = 200 = 0.6ct with the best offer. The in-game rate however has a lower value for 1, being equivalent to 169-186, depending on the case.
- Earlier in the Lunar New Year Update, the Alfa Romeo 4C and ED Design Torq were the first cars to allow either Credits or Tokens for their upgrades.
- Some Career mode Classic events have had their Laps reduced to one. List to follow.
- Additionally, some Gate Drift events have also been reduced to have far less time and lower target scores (meaning that old ghost records before this update is now impossible to beat the score even the car rank is higher), presumably to accommodate newer players.
- When viewing a car unavailable for purchase, it will be given the message "Car is not on sale at the moment".
- As of the Motorcycles Update, a new message "Vehicle is not on sale at the moment" has replaced "Car is not on sale at the moment" to accommodate for the multiple vehicle types present in the game.
- Three new Collections added: Old School, Running of the Bulls, and Off the Charts.
- In this update, prices for certain cars were changed:
- Decals can now be purchased as IAPs. There are two new Decal Packs: Top Contender Decal Pack and Garage Kingpin Decal Pack.
- The latter decal pack introduces decals that are otherwise not purchasable by any means. The Chinese New Year decals are not included.
- Decals added for Chevrolet 2016 Camaro SS, Lamborghini Miura, Holden Coupe 60, Lamborghini Asterion, Lamborghini Estoque, and Volkswagen Beetle Turbo.
- It is now possible to see the quote for the test in a loading screen during an R&D event.
- The Lamborghini Egoista's Research & Development event was revived in this update after the Mosler Super GT's event.
- Just like the McLaren 570S and Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X, the Lamborghini Miura was only made available in a later update after it was initially added into the game, although its cup was held during the Monkey's Year Update.
- The app icon and trailer image feature the Chevrolet 2016 Camaro SS, which is the Class A top-ranker car (not including R&D-unlockable BMW 3.0 CSL Hommage), introduced in the previous update.
Bugs / Glitches
- Ghost Rank Error: Any ghost record set during this update would be shown as having a stock rank, including any Elite Tuning. This has since been fixed as of the Enduro Update.
- Off-Sync Audio With ReplayKit (iOS): Sometimes, a video recorded with ReplayKit has its audio offsync. It is possible to modify the video with an external video editing program to fix the audio sync.
- Wrong App Icon (Android): For some Android users, viewing the game's page on the Google Play Store erroneously did not show the icon for the Elite Cars Update, but instead The Great Wall Update's icon featuring the Ferrari LaFerrari. This has since been fixed as of the Enduro Update.
|Updates for Asphalt 8: Airborne|
|2013||Free to Play Update (v1.1.0)|
|2014|| Daily Bonus Update (v1.2.0) • The Great Wall Update (v1.3.0) |
Fuel Events Update (v1.4.0) • Dubai Update (v1.5.0)
San Diego Harbor Update (v1.6.0) • Winter Update (v1.7.0)
|2015|| Decals Update (v1.8.0) • More Than 300 Decals Update (v1.8.1) |
Tenerife Update (v1.9.0) • Car Mastery Update (v2.0.0)
Research & Development Update (v2.1.0) • Santa's Gift Update (v2.2.0)
|2016|| Lunar New Year Update (v2.3.0) • Elite Cars Update (v2.4.0) |
Enduro Update (v2.5.0) • Rio de Janeiro Update (v2.6.0)
Multiplayer League Update (v2.7.0) • Championship Update (v2.8.0)
|2017|| Lunar New Year 2017 Update (v2.9.0) • Car Blueprints Update (v3.0.0) |
Porsche Update (v3.1.0) • Motorcycles Update (v3.2.0)
Munich Update (v3.3.0) • Hot Wheels Update (v3.4.0)
|2018||Fall Out Boy Update (v3.5.0)|