The Fall Out Boy Update, also known as the Lunar New Year 2018 Update, is the 25th update for Asphalt 8: Airborne. The update was first shown on Gameloft's YouTube channel with a livestream on February 8, 2018.
Experience Asphalt 8's first-ever STORY MODE, featuring FALL OUT BOY! Coming soon to Asphalt 8: Airborne!
GET HYPED FOR FALL OUT BOY
Hype up their new album, M A N I A, by competing against pros in this FOB-branded racing tour, and win the BMW M2 Special Edition!
HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR!
Start your engines and get ready to ring in the new year with a festive R&D event and a chance to win a customized "Year of the Dog" Audi R8 e-tron Special Edition!
Turn up the heat, get on the track, and leave the competition in the snow during this winter season's special event series! Remember, you can always get an extra edge with our limited-time offers!
Speed, precision, and class… Three adjectives to exemplify seven swanky new vehicles, including the Buick 2013 Riviera and the Yamaha YZF-R6! Hop in these smooth rides to experience our latest update!
- Class D
- Class B
- Class A
- Class S
- Vanda Electrics Dendrobium (Championship)
- Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 RR my2017 (R&D, BP Bike) - originally released in the Munich Update
- The new vehicles will need the following engine cards:
- V8 Engine
- Ariel Atom V8 (x68)
- Four-Stroke Engine
- Yamaha FZ-10 (x8)
- Forced Four-Stroke Engine
- Yamaha YZF-R6 (x4)
- Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 RR my2017 (x8)
- Electric Engine
- Buick 2013 Riviera (x8)
- Vanda Electric Dendrobium (x14)
- i6 Engine
- BMW M2 Special Edition (x8)
- Legendary Electric Engine
- Audi R8 e-tron Special Edition (x12)
- New special event mode: World Tour
- New engine type: Legendary Electric Engine (Legendary rarity)
- Honda Civic Type R blueprints are now of Rare rarity
- Lamborghini Egoista blueprints are available in Free Ads Bonuses
- Drop rates information now available when a box is about to be purchased or opened.
- Drop rates are shown when the "i" button is tapped
- The number of Exclusive Deals has been increased from 4 to 8. It now also offers multiple credit deals.
- New songs added:
- NOTE: These songs can only currently be heard in the World Tour event.
- Fall Out Boy - Young And Menace
- Fall Out Boy - HOLD ME TIGHT OR DON’T
- Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones
- New in-game currency: Hype Points
- New event currency: Streaming Passes
- Daily Tasks now have random rewards
- Quests have been removed. (This is a Google Play Games service on Android, accessed through an hourglass icon on the main screen, whereby users could perform extra tasks for credits.)
- Token only upgrades are re-introduced again from the Munich Update and Elite Cars Update, but only for the Audi R8 e-tron Special Edition.
- Restoration time for the Proto Keys of Audi R8 e-tron Special Edition's R&D is a unique duration of 4 hours and 30 minutes.
- This is as opposed to the common 3 hours seen in almost all R&Ds to date and the 6 hours introduced along with the McLaren 650S GT3.
- Season 11 and Season 12 of Moto Blitz have swapped places. Similarly, the masteries for both the Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 RR my2017 and BMW S 1000 RR have swapped places as well.
- Holding down a pro kit card in the inventory will now open a fuse cards prompt, default to fusing all of the cards. Quantity can still be adjusted before finalizing (or canceling) the fusing process.
- New app icon of a BMW M2 Special Edition
- The green indicator used for new events is now also used for Daily Tasks
- A notification shows when a refreshed Daily Task is available
- Green indicator appears in Play Button for new daily tasks.
- A thousands separator has been added when 1,000 career stars or Moto Blitz helmets are completed or when a car's elite tuning is in the thousands (all elite cars excluding 1967 Chevrolet Impala).
- Lunar New Year-themed quality checks for Research & Development, with checks designed as a lantern.
- Vehicle AI sounds during the race are now audible in Android as in Windows.
- BMW M2 Special Edition World Tour February 7, 2018 for iOS and Android, and February 13, 2018 for Windows.
- Audi R8 e-tron Special Edition R&D February 12, 2018 for iOS and Android, and February 13, 2018 for Windows.
- Frostbite 2 Multiplayer Season February 15, 2018
- Ariel Atom V8 Championship March 2, 2018
- Yamaha YZF-R6 R&D March 7, 2018
- Coldsnap 2 Multiplayer Season March 15, 2018
- Vanda Electrics Dendrobium Championship March 17, 2018
- Yamaha FZ-10 EDD
- Buick Riviera Championship
Bugs / Glitches
- Fusion error: Fusing pro kit cards no longer increases the fusion points in fusing boxes. This was fixed shortly after.
- Graphics setting error: Players were set to low or high graphic settings automatically after updating.
- Blurry graphics: Several items are reported to now be shown in a blurred manner. The only solution is to set the visual quality in "Medium"
- Mercedes-Benz SLK 55 AMG Special Edition Elite tuning and Condition issue: Some players have reported that the Mercedes-Benz SLK 55 AMG Special Edition's Elite tuning feature momentarily disappears. The condition bar has also been reported to not be deducted even after several races have been completed.
- Honda Civic Type-R Blueprints: Despite the blueprint's rarity now changed to Rare, the blueprint still gives 3,000 fusion points instead of 9,000 points for a rare blueprint card. This was fixed prior to the update's release on Windows.
- Abnormally high number of Huracan blueprints in Moto Blitz: As of this update, Moto Blitz awards a total of 172 Blueprints for Lamborghini Huracan, which is excessive, considering it needs 145 Blueprints to be built.
- No World Tour Events on Windows: The first vehicle event for Windows players is the Audi R8 e-tron Special Edition's R&D as opposed to mobile players, who got the BMW M2 Special Edition's World Tour before the e-tron SE's R&D.
- The event was added later that day.
- World Tour Streaming Pass refill glitch: If the game is re-entered for more than the time taken to refill one Streaming Pass, the countdown to the next Streaming Pass will only begin when the game is restarted (Eg if the player re-enters the game three hours after spending all Streaming Passes, the timer to refill the second out of three Streaming Passes will be displayed as 2h 30 min left instead of 2h left). The only solution to the glitch is to enter the game just before the next Streaming Pass is given.
- 95% off Corvette C3: For a few hours on February 21, 2018 many players were able to purchase the C3 for a heavily discounted price of 300. The discounted price was later corrected to 3,000.
- For users with the new price changes, the glitch never appeared.
- Tuning Button issue: Players on the Android platform are still experiencing issues with the Tuning Button. It still causes the game to freeze and force-close when pressed.
- Yamaha YZF-R6 Handling Error: The front wheel of the Yamaha YZF-R6 is known to lift off from the ground momentarily but not counted as a wheelie when the player activates a Level 3 nitro or Supercharged nitro, causing the bike to be very difficult to turn. A partial solution to this is to activate Level 3/Perfect Nitro or Supercharged Nitro when the player is turning the bike.
The following bugs/glitches have been fixed:
- Android "Empty Data" Update
- Motorcycles knockdown glitch
- Fusion error
- Honda Civic Type-R Blueprints where the fusion points worth 3,000 points instead of 9,000 points for the rare blueprint card.
- Holding down any mouse button will no longer register erroneous clicks in Windows.
- This update marks the firsts of the following:
- The first of 2018.
- The first to add a motorcycle that is EDD-obtainable.
- The first to add new songs to the game since The Great Wall Update.
- The first to be associated with a band.
- The first to add a Singaporean vehicle.
- The first to add an A Class electric vehicle
- The first to change a Blueprint's rarity.
- The first to introduce a Class S electric vehicle since the Enduro Update.
- The first to add a vehicle whose engine card count is not divisible by 4. In this case, Vanda Electrics Dendrobium needs 14 Electric Engine cards instead of 16. It needs 4 Electric Engine cards for Tires, 3 for Suspension, 4 for Drivetrain and 3 for Exhaust.
- The first to have a vehicle's event delayed twice. In this case, the Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 RR my2017's R&D, which was originally in the Munich Update was postponed to the Hot Wheels Update, then again to this update.
- The first since the Tenerife Update to add an Audi car.
- Incidentally, this means Audi ties with W Motors for being the vehicle brand with the fourth-longest time gap between updates to have a vehicle added, at 2 years & 9 months (a total of 15 updates), after the addition of the Audi R8 LMS Ultra during the Tenerife Update.
- The first update to add more than one car modified with aftermarket customizations as a rehashed version of an already-existing car in the game, rather than said cars being real-life high-performance counterparts of the original car.
- This is also the first update to add 2 vehicles modified with aftermarket customizations as a rehashed version of an already-existing car in the game to use red and black License Plate.
- The first motorcycle added whose special event do not give blueprints for building them & awarded only after completing the whole tests of R&D.
- This is the second update since the Car Blueprints Update to add vehicles whose special events do not give blueprints for building them. In this case, Ariel Atom V8, Buick 2013 Riviera, Vanda Electric Dendrobium, Yamaha YZF-R6 & Audi R8 e-tron Special Edition are awarded only after completing all Grand Finale races of their Championships & completing the whole tests of R&D respectively.
|Updates for Asphalt 8: Airborne|
|2013||Free to Play Update (v1.1.0)|
|2014|| Daily Bonus Update (v1.2.0) • The Great Wall Update (v1.3.0) |
Fuel Events Update (v1.4.0) • Dubai Update (v1.5.0)
San Diego Harbor Update (v1.6.0) • Winter Update (v1.7.0)
|2015|| Decals Update (v1.8.0) • More Than 300 Decals Update (v1.8.1) |
Tenerife Update (v1.9.0) • Car Mastery Update (v2.0.0)
Research & Development Update (v2.1.0) • Santa's Gift Update (v2.2.0)
|2016|| Lunar New Year Update (v2.3.0) • Elite Cars Update (v2.4.0) |
Enduro Update (v2.5.0) • Rio de Janeiro Update (v2.6.0)
Multiplayer League Update (v2.7.0) • Championship Update (v2.8.0)
|2017|| Lunar New Year 2017 Update (v2.9.0) • Car Blueprints Update (v3.0.0) |
Porsche Update (v3.1.0) • Motorcycles Update (v3.2.0)
Munich Update (v3.3.0) • Hot Wheels Update (v3.4.0)
|2018||Fall Out Boy Update (v3.5.0)|