The Fifth Anniversary Update is the 28th update for Asphalt 8: Airborne. As its name says, it celebrates 5 years since the launch of Asphalt 8. A livestream of the update was first shown on August 17, 2018 on YouTube. The update was released on August 20 for iOS and Android, August 21 for Windows 10 and August 24 for Windows 8.1.
The new update is coming soon, and it will be very special as this month we celebrate Asphalt 8's 5th anniversary!
We're psyched to celebrate five years of Asphalt 8 action, so brace yourselves as gifts fall from the sky! Simply play regularly to collect Anniversary Coins and unlock exclusive celebration rewards!
CLAIM YOUR CROWN
As part of our Anniversary Multi-Event, race in the best cars ever released since Asphalt 8's launch. Challenge the fastest times set by some of the best players to ever grace the track.
PORSCHE CARRERA GT CHAMPIONSHIP
This Championship promises to be truly spectacular as the Porsche Carrera GT speeds onto the streets of Asphalt 8! Do you have what it takes to unlock this high-speed beauty? Join the race to find out!
MORE HOT RIDES
This update brings a host of new vehicles to the game, including the luxurious grand-tourer Maserati Alfieri, the monstrously powerful SCG 003S, and the precision-engineered MV Agusta F4 1000R.
The new vehicles will need the following engine cards:
- SCG 003S (x48)
- McLaren 720S (x52)
- MV Agusta F4 1000 R (x20)
- Maserati Alfieri (x32)
Forced Four-Stroke Engine
- Aprilla Tuono V4 1100 RR (x8)
- Porsche Carrera GT (x28)
- New currency: Anniversary Coins
- New event: 5th Anniversary
- New quests: Anniversary Quests.
- A new 'Token Limit' screen can be activated from the options menu, which will appear asking for confirmation of purchase if the price exceeds the set limit. There are three thresholds to choose from: 100, 500, and 1,000.
- The Sbarro GT1's handling stat no longer decreases when upgraded. It now increases like normal and starts at 1.285 Gs.
- Multiplayer matchmaking is now based on the vehicle's top speed instead of performance rating. 
- This was reverted to the old system after the Heatwave Season.
- Multiplayer League Points rewards now award BP boxes instead of Decals.
- The Audi R8 e-tron Special Edition is now a Blueprint vehicle, requiring 150 of its common blueprints.
- The Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 RR my2017's Blueprints have been removed.
- Video ads now award Shuffle and Split Boxes.
- Free Boxes 1 and 2 are no longer rewards from the ads.
- The relaunched Porsche 911 GT3 RS R&D has the following differences:
- The restoration time for the Proto Keys is now 4 hours and 30 minutes, instead of the original 3 hours.
- The time limit to complete the event is now 12 days instead of the original 14 days.
- Blueprints for this car are not awarded through the event like the original one did in June 2017. The car is given out only after the completion of the event.
- Championship Tire refills now are restored in a similar manner to World Tour and Enduro Double Down passes. Eg: the Porsche Carrera GT's Championship refills every one tire within 2 hours and 24 minutes, as opposed to all five after 12 hours.
- New app icon of the McLaren 720S.
- Unlike previous icons, this icon does not depict the car's front wheels turning.
- A mini-game is featured while the game assets are being downloaded upon installing or updating. This mini-game consists of players driving a Ferrari 458 Italia through a track to collect Credits coins to earn special rewards once the game assets are finished downloading. (Like this gameplay by TWL•Slayer)
- This feature is reminiscent of the older Asphalt games (eg Asphalt Urban GT 2), where players pick up cash bonuses on-track.
- The post-race loading screen now appears after the Gameloft logo screen and the intro loading screen and before the main menu when the game is launched.
- If the language is set to Simplified Chinese, speed units are no longer written in English, now being entirely written in Chinese, much like before the Fuel Events Update.
- Text in the game is now more varied in size; either it is slightly smaller or slightly larger.
- The in-game briefs on Mastery loading screens, for instance, have increased in size.
- The Ferrari logo has been changed to the modern crest version.
- The Facebook and Xbox buttons on the main menu have been moved to the upper right corner of the screen.
- Riders on motorcycles are now in the "forward lean" pose instead of standing when viewed.
- The Asphalt 9 billboards scattered on tracks were removed on August 31st, 2018.
- McLaren 720S World Tour August 20, 2018 (iOS, Android); August 21, 2018 (Windows)
- Asphalt 9 Championship August 24, 2018
- Heatwave Multiplayer Season August 30, 2018
- 5th Anniversary August 31, 2018
- Porsche Carrera GT Championship September 6, 2018
- Maserati Alfieri R&D September 13, 2018
- Fall Flash 2 Multiplayer Season September 20, 2018
- Porsche 911 GT3 RS R&D September 20, 2018
- SCG 003S Championship September 21, 2018
- Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 RR my2017 R&D September 29, 2018
- McLaren MP4-31 Championship October 4, 2018
- Porsche Cayman GT4 Championship October 11, 2018
Bugs / Glitches
- The following glitches still persist from the 2018 Spring Update:
- Delayed loading (Android; after improvements in the 2018 Summer Update the delayed starts in multiplayer mode have now been reverted back to the worse delays of the 2018 Spring Update)
- Gameplay lag (Android)
- No loading screen when replaying/restarting races
- No stunt meter on a replayed race when using a motorcycle.
- Aggressive AI when races are restarted.
- Unexplained Rating Loss bug: Players reported severe Rating losses of 300 points or more at the start of the Heatwave Season.
- This bug also deducted points while in Free Races, and occasionally when leaving lobbies before a race and returning to the Multiplayer screen.
- This bug primarily affected the Android and Windows platforms, and iOS to a lesser extent.
- Some players have since had their lost Rating restored, although the problem still persists.
- McLaren 720S World Tour glitches:
- When the event was initially started, the player did not receive Hype Points when a World Tour race event is completed.
- This was fixed shortly after.
- Some players reported having their Hype Points "carried over" from the previous World Tour event.
- When the final Headliner Race is completed, the Error 3010 appears when the player attempts to buy a pro box. If the player restarts the game, the event disappears prematurely. This triggers the subsequent errors as well:
- Elite vehicles are unusable.
- The daily login bonus calendar is grayed out and the daily login bonus isn't awarded.
- Both Multiplayer and Daily Tasks become inaccessible.
- If the player also has the Asphalt 9 Championship running as well, the Championship disappears as well.
- Some players reported that the glitch occurred after completing a challenge that rewards Hype Points with decimal places. For example, 175 x 1.5 = 262.50 Hype Points.
- The amount would eventually be rounded to 263 Hype Points.
- These were all fixed on August 27, 2018 and those who encountered the glitch were offered 3 more days to play in the event.
- When the event was initially started, the player did not receive Hype Points when a World Tour race event is completed.
- McLaren 720S Blueprint bug: Windows players are unable to assemble the McLaren 720S with its Blueprints.
- The car's Blueprints can be collected, however, but they are unusable.
- This bug was fixed shortly after.
- Bugged vehicle names: If the language is set to Simplified Chinese (简体中文), most vehicles that have a number in their name (either at the very beginning or at the very end) have their number incorrectly raised by one. This bug does not show during actual gameplay, though. The following is a list of the affected vehicles:
|Original name||Bugged name|
|Suzuki GSX-R750||Suzuki GSX-R751|
|Ford F-150||Ford F-151|
|Audi S4||Audi S5|
|Camaro Z/28||Camaro Z/29|
|1967 Chevrolet Impala||1968 Chevrolet Impala|
|2015 Ford Mustang||2016 Ford Mustang|
|Porsche 959||Porsche 960|
|Geely GC9||Geely GC10|
|Mazda 6||Mazda 7|
|Honda S2000||Honda S2001|
|Mazda RX-8||Mazda RX-9|
|Infiniti FX50||Infiniti FX51|
|Acura NSX 2005||Acura NSX 2006|
|SRT 2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8||SRT 2013 Dodge Challenger SRT9|
|BMW M2||BMW M3|
|Felino cB7||Felino cB8|
|Jaguar F-TYPE Project 7||Jaguar F-TYPE Project 8|
|Bentley Continental GT V8||Bentley Continental GT V9|
|Ducati Monster 1200||Ducati Monster 1201|
|BMW M6||BMW M7|
|Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 2013||Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 2014|
|Ferrari F40||Ferrari F41|
|Porsche Cayman GT4||Porsche Cayman GT5|
|Ford Shelby GT500||Ford Shelby GT501|
|Shelby Cobra 427||Shelby Cobra 428|
|Maserati MC12||Maserati MC13|
|Ferrari F50||Ferrari F51|
|Peugeot SR1||Peugeot SR2|
|McLaren MP4/8||McLaren MP4/9|
|BXR Bailey Blade GT1||BXR Bailey Blade GT2|
|Mercedes-AMG GT3||Mercedes-AMG GT4|
|2010 Bentley Continental Supersports||2011 Bentley Continental Supersports|
|Falcon F7||Falcon F8|
|Lotus Evora Sport 410||Lotus Evora Sport 411|
|Ferrari F430||Ferrari F431|
|Marussia B2||Marussia B3|
|Chevrolet Corvette C7||Chevrolet Corvette C8|
|Lucra L148||Lucra L149|
|Jaguar C-X75||Jaguar C-X76|
|McLaren P1™||McLaren P2™|
|Volkswagen W12||Volkswagen W13|
|Ferrari 330 P4||Ferrari 330 P5|
|Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupe Touring Car 2014||Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupe Touring Car 2015|
|Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4||Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-5|
|Chevrolet Corvette C3||Chevrolet Corvette C4|
|Mosler GT3||Mosler GT4|
|Bentley EXP10 Speed 6||Bentley EXP10 Speed 7|
|SIN R1||SIN R2|
|Aston Martin One-77||Aston Martin One-78|
|RUF CTR 3||RUF CTR 4|
|Chrysler ME412||Chrysler ME413|
|Koenigsegg One:1||Koenigsegg One:2|
|McLaren F1 XP-5||McLaren F1 XP-6|
|HTT Pléthore LC 750||HTT Pléthore LC 751|
|Renault Sport R.S. 01||Renault Sport R.S. 02|
|Arash AF10||Arash AF11|
|McLaren MP4-31||McLaren MP4-32|
- This bug was fixed shortly after. Despite this, it still persists with the McLaren MP4-31 Championship now being named "McLaren MP4-32 Championship".
- Infected Maserati glitch: If the player gets infected while using the Maserati MC12 in an Infected event, the car instantly turns into the Maserati Alfieri until the infected time expires.
- The infected "Alfieri" would still retain the Ferrari V12 engine note.
- Wrong way glitch: If the player wrecks in the tunnel after the second station on Mosaic Motorway or Rapid Transit, the game respawns the vehicle on the track going the wrong way.
- MV Agusta F4 1000 R rider glitch: The rider on the MV Agusta F4 1000 R is in the mid-air position when viewed in the Garage and badly distorts when on a track.
- Glitched Anniversary Quests: The Anniversary Quests may show as having several levels completed even if the player did not work towards it. Claiming a glitched quest will only move it into the list of completed quests and no coins are awarded.
- Restarting the game temporarily fixes unclaimed glitched quests but those in the completed list can't be reverted.
- It is also possible for certain quests to not appear at all
- When trying to claim coins, the player may encounter an error (Error 36004). No coins can be claimed when this happens, although restarting the game is often the best solution.
- Playing in offline mode is also reported to not award coins.
- The post-race results will update the glitched quests but the game still will not award coins.
- Distorted Porsche Carrera GT paint: For some players, the Porsche Carrera GT displays a bi-color paint of black and white. The ghosts in Time Attack events in its Championship also display this error.
- The solution is to change the Visual Quality from Very Low to Low, Medium, or High visual qualitity.
- This was eventually corrected.
- Championship Tire Timer reset: For the Porsche Carrera GT Championship, the timer for tires to be restocked can be reset when the game is launched, when the player uses a tire to play an event before the next tire can be refilled or when the player re-enters the game shortly after the next tire is refilled while the game is running (This does not apply to tires that are refilled by watching ads).
- This was fixed on September 12.
- Missing Championship: The Porsche Carrera GT Championship was inaccessible for some players after the 5th Anniversary event expired.
- R&D Quality Checks Counter: The QC counter that appears during a race does not update how many remaining QC's are needed to complete a Test. The counter only shows the default number each Test needs on subsequent attempts of a Test.
- This mirrors the glitch from the Porsche Update where the progress bar displays the total Quality Checks collected in the replayed race instead of all total Quality Checks accumulated.
- Glitched Exclusive Deals: Exclusive Deals sometimes show "blank" cards with a price of 0. Attempting to purchase these will yield an error screen.
- Trying to enter the Exclusive Deals can also result in the game freezing and crashing.
- Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 RR my2017 R&D Pro Kits: Pro Kits for the Tuono would not be installed even though the upgrade cost was charged.
- The following glitch(es) have been fixed:
- Traffic appears on Iceland and London.
- Traffic pattern no longer becomes irregular and is reset every time in a restarted/replayed offline race.
- The Tuning Button issue from the Munich Update on the Android platform, specifically on most low-performance devices.
- The final rewards can now be claimed in a Championship when the player completes the remaining race goals after completing the last Grand Finale race.
- This update consists of the following firsts:
- The first since the Porsche Update to add a Porsche vehicle.
- The first since the Fall Out Boy Update to add a new World Tour reward vehicle.
- The first since the 2018 Spring Update to add a new motorcycle and a blueprint-buildable vehicle respectively.
- The first since the Santa's Gift Update and San Diego Harbor Update to add McLaren and Maserati non-race cars, respectively.
- The first to include an Asphalt 8: Airborne-based mini-game that can be played to pass the time while installing the update, while using the same car as the game's Gameplay Tutorial.
- The first to include a vehicle that originally debuted in Asphalt 9: Legends.
- ↑ https://forum.gameloft.com/viewtopic.php?f=1505&t=652329#p3437183
- ↑ https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5904253603
|Updates for Asphalt 8: Airborne|
|2013||Free to Play Update (v1.1.0)|
|2014|| Daily Bonus Update (v1.2.0) • The Great Wall Update (v1.3.0) |
Fuel Events Update (v1.4.0) • Dubai Update (v1.5.0)
San Diego Harbor Update (v1.6.0) • Winter Update (v1.7.0)
|2015|| Decals Update (v1.8.0) • More Than 300 Decals Update (v1.8.1) |
Tenerife Update (v1.9.0) • Car Mastery Update (v2.0.0)
Research & Development Update (v2.1.0) • Santa's Gift Update (v2.2.0)
|2016|| Lunar New Year Update (v2.3.0) • Elite Cars Update (v2.4.0) |
Enduro Update (v2.5.0) • Rio de Janeiro Update (v2.6.0)
Multiplayer League Update (v2.7.0) • Championship Update (v2.8.0)
|2017|| Lunar New Year 2017 Update (v2.9.0) • Car Blueprints Update (v3.0.0) |
Porsche Update (v3.1.0) • Motorcycles Update (v3.2.0)
Munich Update (v3.3.0) • Hot Wheels Update (v3.4.0)
|2018||Fall Out Boy Update (v3.5.0) • 2018 Spring Update (v3.6.0)|