The Ford Shelby GT500 is a muscle car made by Ford in the Asphalt series. The Ford Shelby GT500 is one of the Shelby cars in the Asphalt series. The Ford Shelby GT500 and the Shelby Cobra 427 are the Shelby cars in-game.
Introduced at the 2005 New York International Auto Show, the Ford Shelby GT500 is a muscle car and it uses a 5.4 L (330 CID) Modular 507 PS (500 bhp; 370 kW) supercharged V8 engine. Features include the Tremec TR-6060 6-speed manual transmission, suspension tuning, a different rear wing, a body kit, and 18 inch wheels. Deliveries of the Shelby GT500 began in May 2006. The Ford Shelby GT500 has ended production in 2014 and Ford's future SVT range are the Focus ST, Focus RS, Fiesta ST, Ford GT, F-150 SVT Raptor and the Shelby GT350 which the cars will arrive in 2015 and 2016 to replace Ford's current SVT vehicles. The Ford Focus ST and the Fiesta ST will remain the same but they will go through a facelift.
A collaboration of Ford's Special Vehicle Team (SVT) and Carroll Shelby, the GT500 was produced in limited quantity for three years (approximately 10,000 units per year) on the line at Ford's Flat Rock, Michigan (AutoAlliance) assembly facility.
The Shelby GT500 is known as the Mustang GT500 here.
It changes as being the Shelby GT500, but thin stripes on the middle, roof, and on the back.
The Shelby GT500 is incorrectly treated as the Mustang GT here, and is a Tier 2 vehicle. It requires 150 stars to unlock and costs 48,800 Cash.
The Ford Shelby GT500 is a high-end Class B car, with a starting rank of 1351, a maximum rank of 1504 (just above the Ferrari F40's 1593), and a final rank of 1602. It is the most powerful Ford vehicle in the game, let alone the fastest, even though the Ford 2006 GT is in Class A. This is due to the Ford 2006 GT having worse performance (Starting Rank 1300, Maximum Rank 1442, Final Rank 1533).
The Ford Shelby GT500 has a decent acceleration, which can be helped further by a decent, moderate-duration nitro boost. While not having a higher top speed than the Ferrari 458 Italia, Mercedes-Benz Biome, or Arrinera Hussarya, the Shelby GT500 still has a decent top speed. As is the case with muscle cars, the Shelby GT500 has a bad handling stat, regardless of whether or not it is drifting.
The Ford Shelby GT500 costs 85,000 to purchase and 265,900 to max out, making it a cheap alternative to faster Class B cars like the Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 2013, Mercedes-Benz Biome or Rimac Concept One.
The Ford Shelby GT500 qualifies for the following events:
- Race 4 of Season 5 — a Gate Drift event set in the Alps. Only Ford vehicles are allowed to participate.
- Race 7 of Season 6 — a Versus event against the Cadillac CTS-V Coupe Race Car, set in Tokyo. This is currently the only instance where a Versus event pits two cars of different classes against each other.
- Race 16 of Season 6 — a Classic event set in the Alps. Only Ford vehicles are allowed to participate.
- Race 5 of Season 8 — a Gate Drift event set in London. This is the Ford Shelby GT500's own event in the regular Career mode.
- Race 30 of Season 9 — a single-lap Classic event set in Tokyo Reverse. This event requires a maxed out Ford Shelby GT500 in order to participate.
Car Mastery stages for this car are as follows:
- 1: Classic, Barcelona. Reward of 840 credits.
- 2: Classic, London. Reward of 1,475 credits.
- 3: Unplugged, Barcelona. Reward of 1 License and 1,725 credits.
- 4: Flawless, Alps Reverse. Reward of 2,000 credits.
- 5: Unplugged, Buddha's Teachings. Reward of 1 B-class upgrade and 2,250 credits.
- 6: Classic, The Mirage. Reward of 1 License and 3,750 credits.
- 7: Unplugged, Alps Reverse. Reward of 4,275 credits.
- 8: Classic, Barcelona. Reward of 5,321 credits.
- 9: Flawless, Iceland. Reward of 5,898 credits.
- 10: Unplugged, Westminster Bridge. Reward of 1 B-class upgrade and 6,517 credits.
- 11: Classic, Rose of the Desert. Reward of 7,568 credits.
- 12: Unplugged, Sky Drop. Reward of 3 Licenses and 9,595 credits.
- 13: Flawless, Monaco. Reward of 10,972 credits.
- 14: Classic, Nevada. Reward of 12,302 credits.
- 15: Unplugged, San Diego Harbor Reverse. Reward of 13 Licenses and 13,775 credits.