Iceland (Icelandic: Ísland) is a Nordic ocean country located between the North Atlantic and Arctic Ocean. It also serves as a race location in the Asphalt series.
Its capital city, Reykjavík, serves as the race location in Asphalt 6: Adrenaline and Asphalt 7: Heat. 25 mi (41 km) away from Reykjavík is another location, Vatnsdalsvegur (722), which serves as the race location in Asphalt 8: Airborne.
Reykjavík has the player start by a snow-covered village and travel through villages before eventually reaching an active volcano, which has ice caves.
The track here is the same as the one from Asphalt 6: Adrenaline.
Iceland serves as the tutorial track of the game, where the player learns the basics of the game on the track with a Ferrari 458 Italia (Dodge Dart GT prior to Enduro Update). Iceland is a long-length track, although the tutorial stops before the path branches where one of the routes is into a cave (with further path branching). Iceland is also where the first Versus and Infected races occur, both of them being in Season 1. Iceland is the original track with the most routes.
Iceland is a very twisty and long track, lasting as long as 4.524 mi (7.280 km). It features sharp curves that, coupled with the beautiful and various scenery and confusing ramp placement, can throw off the unaware racer. The track has a lot of alternate routes that go into caves, near the docks, and through the ice-capped landscape of Iceland. At one point in the track, an avalanche occurs, decreasing forwards visibility for a limited period of time. The set of hairpin curves at the beginning of the track also appear in Azure Coast, but scaled down. The caves are used by Sturluson Mining, a fictional mining company. Geysers also appear in some parts of the track.
Iceland has two tracks:
- Iceland – The regular route.
- Iceland Reverse – The reverse route, albeit with a different starting point and different ramp placements.
In Gate Drift, provided the race lasts 3 minutes, it is possible to earn 80,000 points on this track, but a car like the McLaren P1™ GTR or BMW 3.0 CSL Hommage must be used in order to maximize the amount of points earned.
Every Christmas season, Iceland becomes filled with Christmas decorations. Christmas boxes and other decorations fill the caves, with additional boxes allowing for more City Havocs than normal.
The following vehicles have their banners depicted in Iceland:
- DS 3 Racing
- Audi S4
- 2015 Ford Mustang
- nanoFlowcell QUANTINO
- KTM 1290 Super Duke R
- Maserati GranTurismo Sport
- Aston Martin V12 Zagato
- Ferrari 599XX
- Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG Black Series
- Chevrolet 2016 Camaro SS
- Rimac Concept S
- GTA Spano
- Cars with superb handling and all-round stats (e.g. McLaren Mercedes MP4-25, W Motors Fenyr Supersport, etc.) are recommended here as Iceland is very twisty.
- Additionally, it is best to use cars with excellent nitro consumption rates (e.g. Alfa Romeo 4C, Aston Martin One-77, etc.), as Iceland is a long track and features long sections of track without nitro power-ups. This is especially more pronounced on Iceland Reverse.
- Be careful of using certain cars like the Mercedes-Benz Biome and Lamborghini Egoista, as they tend to skid and wreck often, even more so in Iceland.
Iceland takes the form of Nevada from Asphalt 8: Airborne, but in a heavy snow theme. The first shortcut is actually much harder to execute correctly due to it being on ice, which causes cars to handle worse than normal. Also, Iceland lacks one shortcut compared to Nevada.
- For some reason, after a race in Iceland Reverse, all the blocked-off routes open up, even though the AI controlling the cars after the race never takes the cars through those routes.
- In Championships, though, some Iceland Sprint Routes take place on the reverse version of the track, with the normally blocked-off routes open.
- As of the Car Blueprints Update, the post-race camera angles used for Tokyo are now mixed with those used for Iceland.
- The ceiling in the tunnel is not solid
- The white road sign in the pre-race shot displays directions to Reykjavik - Miðbær (41km), Seltjarnarnes - Kringla (49km) and Mosfellsbær (49km).
- The blue road sign next to the aforementioned white road sign indicates that this part of Iceland is based in Vatnsdalsvegur (722).
- The blue road sign in Iceland Reverse's pre-race thumbnail displays Hamratunga to the north-west, Laxárdalur to the north-east, Selfoss to the south-west and Þjórsárdalur to the south-east.
|Race Tracks in Asphalt 8: Airborne|
|Original Tracks||Nevada • Iceland • Tokyo • French Guiana • London • Barcelona • Alps • Venice • Azure Coast|
|Time-Released Tracks||The Great Wallg • Dubaid • San Diego Harbors • Sector 8w • Tenerifet • Area 51sg • Rio de Janeiror • Patagonialny • Munich Subwaymn|
|g - The Great Wall Update, d - Dubai Update, s - San Diego Harbor Update, w - Winter Update, t - Tenerife Update, sg - Santa's Gift Update, r - Rio de Janeiro Update, lny - Lunar New Year 2017 Update, mn - Munich Update|
|Race Tracks in Asphalt Nitro|
|Original Tracks||Nevada • Alps • Iceland • China • Brazil|