The Mazda RX-8 Special Edition is a fictional version of the Mazda RX-8 with aftermarket modifications.
Similar to the BMW M2 Special Edition, the Mazda RX-8 has racing based visual customization:
- Custom bumpers & side skirts (similar to Rocket Bunny widebody kits)
- Hood scoop
- Two-layered spoiler
- Flared wheel-arches
- Aftermarket rims
- Two-tone red & black livery
The Mazda RX-8 Special Edition was added in the 2018 Summer Update as a high-end Class B car with the following rank statistics:
- Starting rank: 901
- MAX rank: 1442
- MAX+PRO rank: 1689
- Tuning Kit bonus: +75
- Stock-to-MAX+PRO rank difference: 788
- Upgrade rank percentages: 5/70/5/20
- Nitro Efficiency: 7/13/17
The Mazda RX-8 Special Edition can reach a max real speed of 469.8 km/h - 291.7 mph at MAX+PRO with a Tuning Kit in 2.1 seconds. This makes the RX-8 SE faster than the BMW M2 Special Edition, Ferrari GTC4Lusso, Holden Coupe 60, and McLaren MP4/8. The RX-8 SE performance-wise is largely similar to its Class D counterpart except without the Elite Vehicle status and better nitro efficiency. As such, it can now be considered as the best-performing vehicle in Class B.
The RX-8 SE's primary use is in TLEs at MAX+PRO. However, the BMW M2 Special Edition may remain as the most viable choice for B Class-only events due to the RX-8 SE's restrictive availability, high upgrade costs of only upgrades, and 32 legendary Rotary Engines necessary for Pro Kits (4 more than the required amount for the Mazda Furai, the previous fastest Mazda).
The RX-8 SE is less suitable for Multiplayer than the other Special Edition cars due to its upgrade rank percentages (5/70/5/20) being heavily biased towards top speed, although it is still useful for players in lower Leagues due to its decent speed at various ranks.
Several useful non-MAXPRO Multiplayer tunings include:
- 1501 4050 (Rank 1454): Speed= 441.4 km/h
- 0500 5050 (Rank 1465): Speed= 448.1 km/h
- 0502 5050 (Rank 1492): Speed= 452.1 km/h
- 0502 5055 (Rank 1523): Speed= 456.2 km/h
- 0504 5050 (Rank 1541): Speed= 458.4 km/h
- 0504 5055 (Rank 1572): Speed= 462.5 km/h
- 0505 5050 (Rank 1573): Speed= 461.5 km/h
- 0504 5555 (Rank 1602): Speed= 466.6 km/h
- 0505 5055 (Rank 1604): Speed= 465.6 km/h
- 0505 5555 (Rank 1635): Speed= 469.8 km/h
Note: Although pro kits are more efficient than max upgrades (i.e. 0504 5055 Rank 1572 is 1.0 km/h [0.6 mph] faster than 0505 5050 Rank 1573), it is unlikely the player will have enough Rotary Engines to tune the car in this way. Therefore, 0505 5050 Rank 1573 will be the most viable tune for the majority of players.
The RX-8 SE is neither purchased with credits nor tokens or able to be assembled with Blueprints. It only can be obtained through the completion of its R&D event.
Research & Development
- Main article: Research & Development/Mazda RX-8 Special Edition
The RX-8 SE's Research and Development event was launched on July 19, 2018. Players were given 4 days to start and 9 days to complete the event.