McLaren Automotive, often simply referred to as McLaren, is a British supercar maker based in Surrey, Woking, England. It is the automotive branch of McLaren Technology Group, which includes the McLaren Racing Ltd. group for Formula One.
Born in 1937, New Zealander Bruce McLaren founded McLaren in 1963, under the Bruce McLaren Motor Racing name. In 1964, he oversaw the production of the first McLaren race car, the M1A, while its successor, the M1B, allowed McLaren into the Can-Am championship and won 43 victories, almost three times more than Porsche, a rival. Debuting at the 1965 Monaco Grand Prix was McLaren's first Formula One race car, the M2B.
McLaren Automotive Edit
In 1980, McLaren merged with Ron Dennis's Project 4 Racing team. In August 1988, Dennis, Team Principal, and Gordon Murray started developing a new car that would eventually become the McLaren F1, launched in 1992 with a limited production run of only 106 units.
Following a brief collaboration with Mercedes-Benz for the SLR McLaren, McLaren Automotive was relaunched as a standalone manufacturer in 2010, spinning off McLaren Racing. In 2010, the 12C, the company's first in-house-developed supercar since the F1, was released, with the Spider model being released in 2013. In 2012, the P1 hybrid hypercar was unveiled, with production spanning the years between 2013 and 2015. After introducing a business plan to release a car or model every year, McLaren Automotive spawned the 650S in Coupé and Spider models in 2014, and unveiled the new Sports Series range comprising the McLaren 570S and 540C in 2015.
McLaren Racing Edit
This section of an article is missing some information. Please try to add some relevant content.
|1993||F1|| Asphalt 7: Heat|
|1993||F1 XP-5|| Asphalt 8: Airborne|
|2007||SLR (Roadster) 722 Edition||Asphalt 8: Airborne|
|2011||12C|| Asphalt 6: Adrenaline|
Asphalt 7: Heat
|2013||12C Spider||Asphalt 8: Airborne|
|2013||P1™|| Asphalt 8: Airborne|
|2015||570S Coupé||Asphalt 8: Airborne|
|2015||675LT Coupé|| Asphalt 8: Airborne|
Asphalt 9: Shockwave
|2015||P1™ GTR||Asphalt 8: Airborne|
|1970||M14A||Asphalt 8: Airborne|
|1993||MP4/8||Asphalt 8: Airborne|
|2010||MP4-25||Asphalt 8: Airborne|
|2015||650S GT3||Asphalt 8: Airborne|
|2016||MP4-31||Asphalt 8: Airborne|
- All of the McLaren race cars have only 10 Pro Kit Levels instead of the usual 5, leaving out the 5 MAX Upgrades.
- The Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 Edition and McLaren Mercedes MP4-25 are jointly made by Mercedes-Benz.
- After the September 2017 hotfix update, both cars displayed the McLaren badge instead of the Mercedes-Benz badge in-game.
- The SLR McLaren was branded as a Mercedes-Benz but was changed to the McLaren badge with the September 2017 hotfix update.
- After the Munich Update, the SLR McLaren's badge change was reverted. It now displays the Mercedes-Benz badge.
- In the same hotfix update, McLaren Automotive's badge seems to have been altered slightly. The red section of the badge is now displayed as being white.