The RUF RT 12 S is the only Tier 7 vehicle available by default. It has a higher top speed than the Ferrari 288 GTO and Aventador, but suffers from weak nitro, as it has the same nitro power as the Aventador. However, it has the better efficiency as its competitor, at 1.30% versus the Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4's 1.20%
The RUF RT 12 S is a high-end Class A car, with a starting rank of 1500, a maximum rank of 1608, and a final rank of 1679 (shared with the Lucra L148, although the L148 is stronger when having a bigger difference between its starting rank and maximum rank). With only 108 points between its starting rank and maximum rank, the RUF RT 12 S has the smallest starting rank-maximum rank separation of any car to date.
The RUF RT 12 S features the second highest pure top speeds(370.1km/h) of any Class A car(first will be Mosler GT3- 385.7 km/h). While having a moderate handling stat, the RT 12 S is quite responsive. Being a top speed-oriented car, the acceleration and nitro are rather abysmal. The RUF RT 12 S is best replaced with vehicles like the McLaren P1, Lamborghini Sesto Elemento, or Savage Rivale GTR except on long tracks, where the RUF RT 12 S has a high enough top speed to outrun the opposing racers.
The RUF RT 12 S's competitors are the Ferrari 458 Italia, Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 2013, McLaren 12C Spider and the Audi R8 GT. Therefore, the RUF RT 12 S is the only supercar that use a Porsche engine and it is a Porsche based car in the competition.
The RUF RT 12 S qualifies for five events in the Career mode (four of them being in Season 8):
- Race 6 of Season 8 — a Versus event against the Lamborghini Sesto Elemento, set in London. This event has a recommended rank of 1576 (which is equivalent to a RUF RT 12 S upgraded to Level 4 stats).
- Race 11 of Season 8 — an Elimination event set in French Guiana.
- Race 23 of Season 8 — a Knockdown event involving RUF vehicles, set in Barcelona. This Knockdown event does not require a number of Knockdowns without Wreck, but still has a recommended rank of 1608 (which is equivalent to a maxed out RUF RT 12 S).
- Race 32 of Season 8 — a Classic event involving RUF vehicles, also set in Barcelona. This Classic event has a recommended rank of 1616 (equivalent to a maxed out RUF CTR 3), although this race can still be done with a maxed out RUF RT 12 S. The catch is, despite the recommended rank being 1616, there are three AI racers that are RUF RT 12 S's, all ranked at A1618 (due to the addition of Pro Kits in the Winter update).
- Race 39 of Season 9 — a single-lap Classic event set in Dubai. This race requires a maxed out RUF RT 12 S in order to participate.
The RUF RT 12 S appears as a Tier 4 car. It costs 950 gold, making this car the only gold-based car in its tier. It is also a prerequisite for the last restriction race of its tier. The RT 12 S is higher-powered than the Ferrari 458 Italia.