The Scion FR-S is being one of the three derivatives of the base Toyota 86 (トヨタ・86), with the other derivative is the Subaru BRZ. The FR-S is found mostly in North America and Canada, being that Scion is a subsidiary of Toyota that produces vehicles exclusively for the North American market. The FR-S's name is derived from a description of the platform: Front-engine, Rear-wheel drive, Sport. The FR-S, 86, and BRZ are all powered by a 2.0 L 4U-GSE / FA20 naturally aspirated boxer engine. The Scion FR-S, Toyota 86 and the Subaru BRZ are inspired by the original Toyota AE86 because the cars are retro styled cars.
The Scion FR-S is a mid-end Class D car and the lowest-performing Japanese car in the game.
The Scion FR-S has a starting rank of 684, a maximum rank of 995, and a final rank of 1091. Its acceleration is helped hugely by a powerful, moderate-duration nitro. The FR-S, being a small vehicle, has very good handling, but is rather suspectible to randomly skidding out of control and wrecking, especially on tracks like Venice and Tokyo (that is, if the driver isn't careful). The FR-S's top speed gives it the edge above most mid-end Class D cars. Overall, the Scion FR-S is a well-rounded vehicle.Scion FR-S is a good car to use in Rookie D Class Cup.
The Scion FR-S qualifies for the following events:
- Race 5 of Season 4 — a Gate Drift event set in Barcelona.
- Race 6 of Season 9 — a single-lap Classic event set in Dubai Reverse. This event requires a maxed out Scion FR-S in order to participate.
The Car Mastery stages for this car are as follows:
- 1: Classic, Monaco. Reward of 1,500 credits.
- 2: Classic, French Guiana Reverse. Reward of 1,800 credits.
- 3: Unplugged, Barcelona. Reward of 2,100 credits.
- 4: Flawless, Alps Reverse. Reward of 2,350 credits.
- 5: Unplugged, Iceland. Reward of 1 D-class upgrade and 2,650 credits.
- 6: Classic, Great Wall. Reward of 1 License and 2,900 credits.
- 7: Classic, French Guiana Reverse. Reward of 3,300 credits.
- 8: Flawless, Nevada Reverse. Reward of 3,750 credits.
- 9: Classic, London. Reward of 4,150 credits.
- 10: Unplugged, Rose of the Desert. Reward of 3 Nitro Starters and 4,550 credits.
- 11: Classic, Venice Reverse. Reward of 4,950 credits.
- 12: Classic, San Diego Harbor. Reward of 5,400 credits.
- 13: Unplugged, Sky Drop. Reward of 5,850 credits.
- 14: Flawless, Wall Ascent. Reward of 6,350 credits.
- 15: Unplugged, Tokyo. Reward of 10 Licenses and 6,800 credits.