Tenerife is the largest and most populous island of the seven Canary Islands; it is also the most populated island of Spain, with a land area of 2,034.38 square kilometers (785 sq mi) and 898,680 inhabitants, 43% of the total population of the Canary Islands. Tenerife is also the largest and most populous island of Macaronesia.
Tenerife is featured in the Asphalt series as a race track, containing four variants.
Tenerife has four race track variants:
- Dragon Tree / Cloud Nine
- The cave is the shortcut in Cloud Nine.
- Mount Teide / Sky Drop
3.433 mi (5.527 km) long, the Tenerife tracks have different starting points from their reverse counterparts. The Tenerife tracks are very twisty, even featuring a very quick series of hairpin turns similar to those in Iceland and Azure Coast. On top of that, the Tenerife tracks also have a lot of shortcuts and alternate routes, as well as a lot of ramps, steep slopes, and beautiful scenic views, including Mount Teide, Teide National Park, Valle de la Orotava, Teide Observatory, El Médano, and Cueva del Viento. The Dracaena draco (Dragon tree) can also be seen.
The following vehicles have their banners depicted in Tenerife:
- Geely GC9
- Porsche Cayman GT4
- Honda Integra Type-R
- ONUK Sazan LM
- Mercedes-AMG GT3
- Mazzanti Evantra
- Sbarro Alcador
- McLaren 675LT
- Icona Vulcano V12 Hybrid
- Suzuki Hayabusa
- Weber Faster One
- Aston Martin Vulcan
- Recommended cars
- Cars with excellent handling, acceleration, and nitro power (e.g. Mosler GT3) are highly encouraged here, as the Tenerife tracks are twisty and feature a lot of ramps and steep slopes.
- Tenerife is the only track where the sky color changes depending on the location:
- Mountains: sky blue.
- Desert: indigo.
- Beach: aqua blue.
- Tenerife has the music change when the location's name is shown more than once in the loading screen when waiting for other players in multiplayer.
- Until the Research & Development Update, Tenerife wasn't selectable in Quick Solo Race.
- Sometimes, in Sky Drop, Tenerife's name doesn't appear in the pre-race cinematics. This has never been fixed.
|Race Tracks in Asphalt 8: Airborne|
|Original Tracks||Nevada • Iceland • Tokyo • French Guiana • London • Barcelona • Alps • Venice • Azure Coast|
|Time-Released Tracks||The Great Wallg • Dubaid • San Diego Harbors • Sector 8w • Tenerifet • Area 51sg • Rio de Janeiror • Patagonialny • Munich Subwaymn|
|g - The Great Wall Update, d - Dubai Update, s - San Diego Harbor Update, w - Winter Update, t - Tenerife Update, sg - Santa's Gift Update, r - Rio de Janeiro Update, lny - Lunar New Year 2017 Update, mn - Munich Update|