The Tesla Model S is the only five-door car in the game that is an electric car and it is the only electric hatchback in the game. It is a low-end Class D car, with a starting rank of 551, a maximum rank of 877 and a final rank of 938.
The Tesla Model S features a slower acceleration and slower nitro boost than the Audi R8 e-tron, but has a longer nitro duration. Top speed is also higher; what's interesting to note is that without upgrades, the Tesla Model S has the same top speed as the Dodge Dart GT (130.4 mph — 210.1 km/h). The Model S is a very heavy hatchback, let alone the heaviest electric car in the game, which causes it to handle very badly on corners. Its rear motor, rear-wheel-drive configuration further degrades its handling.
The Model S qualifies for the following events, the former two in Season 1:
- A Versus event in Iceland, facing off against the Audi R8 e-tron.
- Two single lap Classic races:
- One in Season 1, set in Iceland.
- Another one in Season 9, set in Barcelona. This requires a maxed out Tesla Model S in order to participate. Bonus Stars are Beat 1:41 time and 2 Perfect Runs.
- As well as the following events, the Model S can also participate in any electric car event, though it is the worst choice due to its poor handling and acceleration, and you are very likely to choose the Citroën Survolt, Mercedes-Benz Silver Lightning, Rimac Concept One, or even the Audi R8 e-tron, as the latter is better than the Model S in electric races due to its much better handling in comparison to the Model S.