The Great Wall, also known as The Great Wall of China (Traditional Chinese: 長城 or 萬里長城; Simplified Chinese: 长城 or 万里长城), is a series of fortifications made of stone, brick, tamped earth, wood, and other materials, generally built along an east-to-west line across the historical northern borders of China to protect the Chinese states and empires against the raids and invasions of the various nomadic groups of the Eurasian Steppe. It also serves as one of the several tracks in the Asphalt series.
The Great Wall is the first location in the game to be added in an update; in this case, The Great Wall Update.
There are six tracks in The Great Wall:
- The Great Wall / Great Wall Rev.
- The Dragon's Den※ / Buddha's Teachings
- Temple Drive※ / Wall Ascent
※Accessible in Gate Drift
The Great Wall tracks are 3.311 mi (5.327 km) long and run through caves, a town, up the wall, and through a festival area. Paper dragons can be seen flying around, and fireworks also go off if fireworks boxes are destroyed.
The following vehicles have their banners depicted in The Great Wall:
- Ford F-150
- Scion FR-S
- Datsun 280Z
- SRT 2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8
- Apollo N
- Marussia B2
- Audi R8 e-tron Special Edition
- McLaren P1™
- Savage Rivale GTR
- Mercedes-Benz SLK 55 AMG Special Edition
- SSC Tuatara
- SSC Ultimate Aero XT
- The Great Wall tracks tend to be twisty, especially The Dragon's Den and Buddha's Teachings, so use a car with great handling.
- In Great Wall Rev. and Wall Ascent, there is a shortcut that can be pulled off, but is hard to do so.
- As of the Porsche Update, this shortcut has been made very hard and later impossible to pull off.
- The Great Wall is the track with the most derivatives in the entire Asphalt series, with six.
- The natural rock arch on the track is based on Tianmen Mountain, Zhangjiajie, China.
- In the Lunar New Year 2017 Update, attempting to play Temple Drive would instead bring up Buddha's Teachings as soon as the countdown starts.
- Gate Drift races would also show no gates in that track. Because of this, it was advisable to completely avoid any and all Gate Drift challenges on Temple Drive, especially during Enduro Double Down, as attempting such races on this track would result in immediate challenge failure and the loss of all Enduro Points being banked.
- This has been fixed as of Car Blueprints Update.
- The Great Wall is a commonly used track for testing the handling and drifting capabilities of a car. The S-curve at the beginning is used for steering capacity and the following set of curves (on the left route) is used for drifting radius.
- The Great Wall tracks' internal names are:
- The Great Wall: Chn 1
- The Dragon's Den: Chn 2
- Temple Drive: Chn 3
- Great Wall Rev.: Chn 1 Reverse
- Buddha's Teachings: Chn 2 Reverse
- Wall Ascent: Chn 3 Reverse
- As of the Porsche Update, two rock pillars have been added to further block the wide-jump shortcut exploit used in two of The Great Wall tracks: Great Wall Reverse and Wall Ascent.
- The yellow road sign on the narrow dirt track nearest to the Great Wall says "Don't Drive When Tired".
- There is a green sign near the red-roofed bridge leading toward the ancient city that reads "Qiaochang Lu (Chinese: 侨场路; lit: Qiaochang Road)". This indicates that portion of the track is located in Yangdong County, a district in Guangdong Province. Below this is a white sign with an image of a traffic officer that reads 'Don't Exceed Speed Limit'.
|Race Tracks in Asphalt 8: Airborne|
|Original Tracks||Nevada • Iceland • Tokyo • French Guiana • London • Barcelona • Alps • Venice • Azure Coast|
|Time-Released Tracks||The Great Wallg • Dubaid • San Diego Harbors • Sector 8w • Tenerifet • Area 51sg • Rio de Janeiror • Patagonialny • Munich Subwaymn|
|g - The Great Wall Update, d - Dubai Update, s - San Diego Harbor Update, w - Winter Update, t - Tenerife Update, sg - Santa's Gift Update, r - Rio de Janeiro Update, lny - Lunar New Year 2017 Update, mn - Munich Update|