The following text was published on the Apple Store:
We're celebrating the Year of the Horse by adding some horsepower to the game with a whole new Asian-inspired racing location! Discover the Great Wall with your McLaren P1, Ferrari Testarossa or any of the other new dream cars, and share your journey using the brand-new Twitch broadcasting feature only on the App Store!
- Explore the Far East
- Race through the gorgeous new Asian-inspired location, the Great Wall, which will provide 6 new tracks like you've never seen before -- but don't get distracted by the beauty of the scenery or you might fall off the edge
- Twitch integration
- Connect with the Asphalt community on Twitch.tv to broadcast your gameplay online, share your biggest stunts, or take a look at your rivals' skills. Think you're the best driver? Prove it with Twitch!
- New cars coming
- Immersion at its finest
- Get hyped for the ride of your life with a new soundtrack and way more to discover!
- Class D
- Class C
- Class B
- Class A
- Class S
The new cars will need the following engine cards (note that the Pro Kit system does not exist until the Winter Update):
- V6 Engine
- SRT 2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8 (x4)
- Hybrid Engine
- McLaren P1 (x8)
- Forced-Induction V8
- SSC Tuatara (x16)
- F12 Engine
- Ferrari Testarossa (x36)
- New location: The Great Wall.
- 30 new Events added to the eight Career Mode Seasons.
- Twitch broadcasting (live gameplay streaming) now possible.
- New songs added:
- Animals / Martin Garrix
- Asleep at the Wheel / Band of Skulls
- Cannibal / Silversun Pickups
- Over it / The Crystal Method
- World Series matchmaking system tweaked.
- New Leaderboard feature: players who are inactive for two weeks disappear from the leaderboard.
- Main menu revamped.
- Nitro Starter and Tuning Kit now cost 9,000 and 24,000, respectively.
- The Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 (2013) has been renamed to Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 2013.
- The McLaren MP4-12C Spider has been renamed to McLaren 12C Spider.
- Many Class A and Class S cars had their prices changed:
- Cadillac CTS-V Coupe Race Car: 26,500 → 45,000
- Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG Black Series: 30,000 → 55,000
- Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR-X: 45,000 → 60,000
- Marussia B2: 55,000 → 75,000 (later changed to 85,000 before being reverted back)
- Chevrolet Corvette C7: 60,000 → 85,000
- McLaren 12C Spider: 75,000 → 90,000
- Pagani Zonda R: 90,000 → 110,000
- Lamborghini Veneno: 32,000/50,000 → 140,000
- GTA Spano: 70,000 → 160,000
- RUF CTR 3: 100,000 → 175,000
- Ferrari FXX Evoluzione: 115,000 → 190,000
- The Lamborghini Veneno's stats have been slightly changed as well. Its original acceleration and handling stats would later be carried over to the Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4, which was introduced six updates later in mid-2015.
- A new tire compound is introduced in this update, initially exclusive to the Challenger, P1™, and Tuatara.
- This marks the first time cars are seen with tire compounds other than the standard one.
- The app icon for this update features the Ferrari LaFerrari, which was introduced in the Daily Bonus Update.
- After the release of The Great Wall Update, the game had 210 Career Mode Events divided into 8 Seasons (including the 30 Events that were added in The Great Wall Update itself).
- The Great Wall Update was made on the Year of the Horse and Gameloft celebrated it "by adding some horsepower to the game". Some later updates celebrated their release year's Chinese New Year in a different fashion.
- Similarly, the Decals Update, More Than 300 Decals Update, and Tenerife Update introduced new decals for various cars with a Chinese New Year 2015 theme.
- Also, the Lunar New Year Update was added in 2016, the Year of the Monkey. It added Chinese New Year 2016 decals for various cars, as well as a special Chinese-themed R&D event for the ED Design Torq.
- The Championship Update added Chinese New Year 2017 decals for the 2010 Bentley Continental Supersports, Mercedes-Benz CLA 45 AMG Racing Series, Mercedes-Benz GLC Coupe, and Mosler Land Shark as an early celebration of Chinese New Year 2017, the Year of the Fire Rooster.
- The Lunar New Year 2017 Update was added in 2017, the Year of the Fire Rooster. This was celebrated with a special Chinese-themed R&D event for the Renault Alpine Celebration, along with the addition of the Mercedes-Benz SLK 55 AMG Special Edition.
- The Fall Out Boy Update, added in 2018, celebrated the Year of the Dog, with a special Chinese-themed R&D event featuring the Year of the Dog-themed Audi R8 e-tron Special Edition.
- All cars added after the SSC Tuatara, which was introduced in this update, are significantly more expensive than vehicles from this update and earlier updates in terms of purchase and upgrading.
Bugs / Glitches
- Unusual Upgrade Prices: The Ferrari 599XX's upgrade prices were sometimes shown to be different from the usual 265,900 for the original Class B cars. This has since been fixed.
- The prices would be increased by 25% in the Motorcycles Update.
|Updates for Asphalt 8: Airborne|
|2013||Free to Play Update (v1.1.0)|
|2014|| Daily Bonus Update (v1.2.0) • The Great Wall Update (v1.3.0) |
Fuel Events Update (v1.4.0) • Dubai Update (v1.5.0)
San Diego Harbor Update (v1.6.0) • Winter Update (v1.7.0)
|2015|| Decals Update (v1.8.0) • More Than 300 Decals Update (v1.8.1) |
Tenerife Update (v1.9.0) • Car Mastery Update (v2.0.0)
Research & Development Update (v2.1.0) • Santa's Gift Update (v2.2.0)
|2016|| Lunar New Year Update (v2.3.0) • Elite Cars Update (v2.4.0) |
Enduro Update (v2.5.0) • Rio de Janeiro Update (v2.6.0)
Multiplayer League Update (v2.7.0) • Championship Update (v2.8.0)
|2017|| Lunar New Year 2017 Update (v2.9.0) • Car Blueprints Update (v3.0.0) |
Porsche Update (v3.1.0) • Motorcycles Update (v3.2.0)
Munich Update (v3.3.0) • Hot Wheels Update (v3.4.0)
|2018||Fall Out Boy Update (v3.5.0) • 2018 Spring Update (v3.6.0)|