The following text was published on the Apple Store:
We're celebrating the Year of the Horse by adding some horsepower to the game with a whole new Asian-inspired racing location! Discover the Great Wall with your McLaren P1, Ferrari Testarossa or any of the other new dream cars, and share your journey using the brand-new Twitch broadcasting feature only on the App Store!
- Explore the Far East
- Race through the gorgeous new Asian-inspired location, the Great Wall, which will provide 6 new tracks like you've never seen before -- but don't get distracted by the beauty of the scenery or you might fall off the edge
- Twitch integration
- Connect with the Asphalt community on Twitch.tv to broadcast your gameplay online, share your biggest stunts, or take a look at your rivals' skills. Think you're the best driver? Prove it with Twitch!
- New cars coming
- Immersion at its finest
- Get hyped for the ride of your life with a new soundtrack and way more to discover!
- Class D
- Class C
- Class B
- Class A
- Class S
The new cars will need the following engine cards (note that the Pro Kit system does not exist until the Winter Update):
- V6 Engine: SRT 2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8 (x4)
- Hybrid Engine: McLaren P1 (x8)
- Forced-Induction V8: SSC Tuatara (x16)
- F12 Engine: Ferrari Testarossa (x36)
- New location: The Great Wall.
- 30 new Events added to the eight Career Mode Seasons.
- Twitch broadcasting (live gameplay streaming) now possible.
- New songs added:
- Animals / Martin Garrix
- Asleep at the Wheel / Band of Skulls
- Cannibal / Silversun Pickups
- Over it / The Crystal Method
- World Series matchmaking system tweaked.
- New Leaderboard feature: players who are inactive for two weeks disappear from the leaderboard.
- Main menu revamped.
- Nitro Starter and Tuning Kit now cost 9,000 and 24,000, respectively.
- The Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 (2013) has been renamed to Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 2013.
- The McLaren MP4-12C Spider has been renamed to McLaren 12C Spider.
- Many Class A and Class S cars had their prices changed:
- Cadillac CTS-V Coupe Race Car: 26,500 → 45,000
- Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG Black Series: 30,000 → 55,000
- Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR-X: 45,000 → 60,000
- Marussia B2: 55,000 → 75,000 (later changed to 85,000 before being reverted back)
- Chevrolet Corvette C7: 60,000 → 85,000
- McLaren 12C Spider: 75,000 → 90,000
- Pagani Zonda R: 90,000 → 110,000
- Lamborghini Veneno: 32,000/50,000 → 140,000
- GTA Spano: 70,000 → 160,000
- RUF CTR 3: 100,000 → 175,000
- Ferrari FXX Evoluzione: 115,000 → 190,000
- The Lamborghini Veneno's stats have been slightly changed as well. Its original acceleration and handling stats would later be carried over to the Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4, which was introduced six updates later in mid-2015.
- A new tire compound is introduced in this update, initially exclusive to the Challenger, P1™, and Tuatara.
- This marks the first time cars are seen with tire compounds other than the standard one.
- The app icon for this update features the Ferrari LaFerrari, which was introduced in the Daily Bonus Update.
- After the release of The Great Wall update, the game had 210 Career Mode Events divided into 8 Seasons (including the 30 Events that were added in The Great Wall update itself).
- The Great Wall update was made on the Year of the Horse and Gameloft celebrated it "by adding some horsepower to the game".
- Similarly, the Decals Update, More Than 300 Decals Update, and Tenerife Update introduced new decals for various cars with a Chinese New Year 2015 theme.
- Also, the Lunar New Year Update was added in 2016, the Year of the Monkey. It added Chinese New Year 2016 decals for various cars, as well as a special Chinese-themed R&D event for the ED Design Torq.
- The Championship Update added Chinese New Year 2017 decals for the 2010 Bentley Continental Supersports, Mercedes-Benz CLA 45 AMG Racing Series, Mercedes-Benz GLC Coupe, and Mosler Land Shark as an early celebration of Chinese New Year 2017, the Year of the Fire Rooster.
- The Lunar New Year 2017 Update was added in 2017, the Year of the Fire Rooster. This was celebrated with a special Chinese-themed R&D event for the Renault Alpine Celebration, along with the addition of the Mercedes-Benz SLK 55 AMG Special Edition.
- All cars added after the SSC Tuatara, which was introduced in this update, are significantly more expensive than vehicles from this update and earlier updates.
Bugs / Glitches
- Unusual Upgrade Prices: The Ferrari 599XX's upgrade prices were sometimes shown to be different from the usual 265,900. This has since been fixed.
|Updates for Asphalt 8: Airborne|
|2013||Free to Play Update (v1.1.0)|
|2014|| Daily Bonus Update (v1.2.0) • The Great Wall Update (v1.3.0) |
Fuel Events Update (v1.4.0) • Dubai Update (v1.5.0)
San Diego Harbor Update (v1.6.0) • Winter Update (v1.7.0)
|2015|| Decals Update (v1.8.0) • More Than 300 Decals Update (v1.8.1) |
Tenerife Update (v1.9.0) • Car Mastery Update (v2.0.0)
Research & Development Update (v2.1.0) • Santa's Gift Update (v2.2.0)
|2016|| Lunar New Year Update (v2.3.0) • Elite Cars Update (v2.4.0) |
Enduro Update (v2.5.0) • Rio de Janeiro Update (v2.6.0)
Multiplayer League Update (v2.7.0) • Championship Update (v2.8.0)
|2017|| Lunar New Year 2017 Update (v2.9.0) • Car Blueprints Update (v3.0.0) |
Porsche Update (v3.1.0) • Motorcycles Update (v3.2.0)
Munich Update (v3.3.0) • Hot Wheels Update (v3.4.0)
|2018||Fall Out Boy Update (v3.5.0) • 2018 Spring Update (v3.6.0)|