London is the largest city and the capital of the United Kingdom that is featured as a race track in the Asphalt series.
In Asphalt 7, the London track is set at night time with some fireworks at the beginning of the track. It is recommended to drift at the first sharp turn.
London first appears as the location of Race 2 in Season 2: More Than Racing. The London track is 3.551 mi (5.715 km) long, while the two mini-tracks are much shorter.
London is rendered as a much scaled-down version of its real life counterpart, while still featuring many of the world famous landmarks found throughout the actual city in which the various tracks of the game pass through, such as :
- Big Ben & The Palace of Westminster
- Westminster Bridge (also the name of a track on this map)
- The London Eye (another track takes its name)
- Buckingham Palace (unofficially known as 'Gameloft Palace' due to the developer's logo appearing in place of the Royal Seal on the Palace Gates)
- The Victoria Memorial Statue that stands outside Buckingham Palace
- City Hall (also known as the Mayor of London's Offices)
- Westminster Abbey
- Piccadilly Circus
- Tower Bridge
- The Tower of London
- Trafalgar Square
The landmarks can be viewed in the Gallery Section below.
The city is divided into 3 different tracks:
- Westminster Bridge
- The London Eye
In the latter two tracks, the weather is set to a rainy day.
The following cars have their banners depicted in London:
- Audi R8 e-tron
- Tesla Model S
- Nissan 370Z
- BMW M3 Sedan
- Buick Avista Concept
- Audi RS 4 Avant
- Mercedes-Benz SLK 55 AMG
- Felino cB7
- AC 378 GT Z
- Aston Martin V12 Vantage
- Rinspeed zaZen
- Ford Shelby GT500
- Peugeot SR1
- 2010 Bentley Continental Supersports
- Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR-X
- Ferrari F12berlinetta
- Lucra L148
- Ferrari 330 P4
- Jaguar XJ220S
- London has a bunch of long paths as well as numerous curves; drifting is recommended.
- Vehicles with decent handling like the Mercedes-AMG GT3 will be needed for Westminster Bridge as there is a sharp left turn after exiting the first shortcut. Failure to drift may result in a wreck, even more so on cars with bad handling/drifting like the Audi RS 4 Avant and nanoFlowcell QUANT FE.
- If doing a two-lap race in Westminster Bridge with traffic, be careful of traffic vehicles that spawn out of the blue near the end of the track. Not watching out for them can result in a wreck or at least a large speed loss with a Traffic Down.
- Vehicles with both decent acceleration and top speed (e.g. Mercedes-Benz CLA 45 AMG Racing Series, McLaren Mercedes MP4-25) are needed in order to take advantage of the many long roadways that London has to offer.
- The races on this track take place at 1:00am, as indicated by the time shown on Big Ben's clock face.
- Upon observing Big Ben's location from the Start Line, it is quite likely that the track is situated on the North side of the River Thames.
- Unlike its counterpart in Asphalt 8, this version of the London track does not cross over the River Thames.
- As of the Championship Update, traffic is no longer present in any of the London tracks. This may be due to recent real-life vehicular tragedies surrounding London. As a result, Tokyo is now the only track in the game that has traffic on the left side of the road.
- London and Tokyo are the only two tracks to feature rainy weather, albeit only on high-end devices with ultra-high graphics.
- It must be noted, however, that although all traffic has been removed, there is one double-decker Bus that can be seen parked a short distance away from London's City Hall. This Bus is only part of the scenery and cannot be interacted with.
- The aforementioned Bus serves Route 73 with Victoria Station as its destination. As of June 2017 in real life, however, Route 73 no longer serves Victoria Station along any of its stops, and the iconic older Routemaster Buses have been replaced by newer Routemaster Buses and Mercedes-Benz O530G articulated Buses.
- London is the only Original Track to have more than two derivatives, the Original Track with most number of derivatives and the the only track with three derivatives in the game.
- The City Hall Building that is located on the south bank of the River Thames has a slightly different shape in-game, compared to its real-life counterpart.
- The time on Big Ben's clock face shows that it is 7:44pm. This is determined by the direction of the sunlight in-game, which places it due west of Big Ben if one refers to both Big Ben and Westminster Bridge's layout on a real-life map, meaning that it is most likely in the evening, particularly during the summer months when the Sun does not set as early at that time.
- Despite having railway track sections as part of the track, London does not feature any trains.
- The fictional Abelion Corporation has numerous small offices that can be found throughout the city, most notably near Buckingham Palace and near Trafalgar Square.
|Race Tracks in Asphalt 8: Airborne|
|Original Tracks||Nevada • Iceland • Tokyo • French Guiana • London • Barcelona • Alps • Venice • Azure Coast|
|Time-Released Tracks||The Great Wallg • Dubaid • San Diego Harbors • Sector 8w • Tenerifet • Area 51sg • Rio de Janeiror • Patagonialny • Munich Subwaymn|
|g - The Great Wall Update, d - Dubai Update, s - San Diego Harbor Update, w - Winter Update, t - Tenerife Update, sg - Santa's Gift Update, r - Rio de Janeiro Update, lny - Lunar New Year 2017 Update, mn - Munich Update|