Tokens ( or ) are a measure of hard currency currently used since Asphalt 8: Airborne. Introduced in the Winter Update, they can be obtained through Events, in-game advertisements (at a rate of 2 per 15~30 second ad), in-game purchase in the form of token packs, as a Mastery Reward for certain cars, completing Daily Tasks, as a Multiplayer League level up bonus, and as a Multiplayer League points reward.
Tokens are represented as blue 3D pentagonal coins marked with an "A", the same "A" that is used in the Asphalt series logo.
- There are many cars that can be bought with tokens, and as of the Decals Update, many cars that were previously only available for real-life cash became available for sale as Token cars. With the Elite Cars Update, several previously credits only cars are now also purchasable with tokens.
- The Decals Update also introduced purchasable decals for cars (hence the name), many of which can be purchased with tokens.
- In addition to cars, the Double Credits, Extra Tank, Absolute Armor, Nitro Recharger, and Boosted Wheels require tokens to buy.
- All pro kit boxes, with the exception of the Super Racer Kit Box, are bought with tokens.
- The proto keys from Research & Development can be restored for 5 - 150.
- If the main goal from a test in an R&D event is failed, the quality checks earned can be kept by spending some tokens.
- Tokens can be used to unlock a Lab in R&D or Auto-Test a test, bypassing it.
- Elite Cars' conditions can be instantly restored.
- Enduro Double Down:
- The Invites can be paid tokens to be instantly delivered.
- The Double Down bonus until the first Ace Racer costs 50.
- Choosing to bank Enduro Points and continue with the Double Down bonus costs tokens. The amount charged increases the closer the player is towards the final Tier.
- Race re-rolls cost 25.
- A failed race has a tokens option to redo the race without losing any unbanked EP or starting the challenge again from the start.
- Tokens can be used to auto-pass a challenge.
- Choosing to save up Multiplayer League points while keeping the risk bonus multiplier costs 100
- A refill, costing between 7 - 65 is available for the fuel bar in the events section. The amount to be paid is 6.5 per fuel segment to be refilled and is rounded up to a whole number of tokens.
- The Upgrades for several cars are purchasable with tokens as of the Lunar New Year Update.
- The exceptions to this rule are:
- BMW 3.0 CSL Hommage
- Mosler Super GT
- Audi R8 e-tron Special Edition
- Apollo N
- Apollo Intensa Emozione
- Mazda RX-8 Special Edition
- Rezvani Beast Alpha
- Rimac Concept S
- Porsche Carrera GT
- The exceptions to this rule are:
- In Championships, locations can be auto-unlocked with tokens.
- Blueprint-unlockable cars can be instantly built with tokens. The price to instantly assemble, just like with R&D Proto Keys, EDD Invitations, and Championship Tires, decreases over time.
- Several Exclusive Deals are purchasable with tokens.
Token packs are an in-app purchase that provides the player a set amount of tokens in exchange for real money. While the price for a pack increases for a bigger payout, the larger packs are overall of more value as the player gains a larger amount for a reduced money → tokens cost ratio. With the
Rio de Janeiro Update, each token pack will also award the player with VIP points for the VIP System.
A Tokens Pass Subscription is also available for certain players/regions and gives a total of 3,000, 600 more than a Mountain of Tokens for the price of a Hoard of Tokens. The catch is that the player has to log-in to the game every day for a consecutive 30 times with each log-in awarding 100.
- Handful of Tokens: 200 & 200 VIP points
- Stack of Tokens: 525 & 500 VIP points
- Hoard of Tokens: 1,100 & 1,000 VIP points
- Mountain of Tokens: 2,400 & 2,000 VIP points.
- Tokens Pass Subscription: 6,600 & 2,500 VIP points
- Truckload of Tokens: 6,500 & 5,000 VIP points.
- Vault of Tokens: 15,000 & 10,000 VIP points.
- Handful of Tokens: 150 Coins
- Stack of Tokens: 350 Coins
- Hoard of Tokens: 675 Coins
- Mountain of Tokens: 1,200 Coins
- Truckload of Tokens: 2,625 Coins
- Vault of Tokens: 3,750 Coins
Transferability with Credits
There is no official conversion rate between tokens and Credits in Asphalt 8: Airborne. A token is worth 138 on average, and at most, 341. This is only an estimate, as the number of in-game tokens received for an equivalent value of credits depends largely on what you purchased.
In general, the lower the credit/token ratio of the car price is, the more economical it would be to purchase the car with credits instead of tokens. Due to the scarcity and high value of tokens to most players, it is usually a better choice to purchase an item with credits and save the tokens for other uses.
|Rookie Credit Pack / Handful of Tokens||US$1.99|| 30,000|
150 Credits per Token
|Driver Credit Pack / Stack of Tokens||US$4.99|| 80,000|
152 Credits per Token
|Pilot Credit Pack / Hoard of Tokens||US$9.99|| 175,000|
159 Credits per Token
|Pro Credit Pack / Mountain of Tokens||US$19.99|| 420,000|
175 Credits per Token
|Champion Credit Pack / Truckload of Tokens||US$49.99|| 1,200,000|
185 Credits per Token
|Master Credit Pack / Vault of Tokens||US$99.99|| 3,000,000|
200 Credits per Token
|Suzuki GSX-R750||30,000 or 200||150 Credits per Token|
|Volkswagen Beetle Turbo||26,000 or 180||144 Credits per Token|
|Ferrari 308 GTS||120,000 or 1,100||109 Credits per Token|
|Mazda RX-8||325,000 or 1,850||175 Credits per Token|
|Buick Avista Concept||425,000 or 2,400||177 Credits per Token|
|Range Rover Evoque Coupe HSE Dynamic||125,000 or 525||238 Credits per Token|
|Acura NSX 2005||90,000 or 750||120 Credits per Token|
|Felino cB7||250,000 or 2,100||119 Credits per Token|
|Lamborghini Miura||325,000 or 2,100||154 Credits per Token|
|Mitsubishi Eclipse||395,000 or 2,300||171 Credits per Token|
|Mercedes-Benz CLA 45 AMG Racing Series||495,000 or 2,400||206 Credits per Token|
|DS Survolt||45,000 or 250||180 Credits per Token|
|Chevrolet SS||425,000 or 3,500||121 Credits per Token|
|TVR Sagaris||930,000 or 3,950||235 Credits per Token|
|Ferrari GTC4Lusso||765,000 or 4,325||176 Credits per Token|
|2010 Bentley Continental Supersports||975,000 or 4,925||197 Credits per Token|
|Ferrari LaFerrari||235,000 or 1,975||118 Credits per Token|
|Volkswagen W12||475,000 or 3,450||137 Credits per Token|
|Mosler GT3||985,000 or 5,325||184 Credits per Token|
|Jaguar XJ220S||1,275,000 or 5,975||213 Credits per Token|
|Koenigsegg Agera R||425,000 or 2,375||178 Credits per Token|
|SSC Tuatara||950,000 or 4,750||200 Credits per Token|
|Renault Sport R.S. 01||1,950,000 or 9,925||196 Credits per Token|
|Mosler Land Shark||2,250,000 or 10,975||205 Credits per Token|
|TRION NEMESIS||3,275,000 or 13,975||234 Credits per Token|
|Devel Sixteen Prototype||4,950,000 or 14,500||341 Credits per Token|
In the Research & Development Update, any car that was normally sold for tokens/licenses would end up selling for the same price, but in credits. This would normally happen under a weak Wi-Fi/mobile data connection. An example of this would be the McLaren P1™ GTR selling for the price of an Aston Martin DB9 Coupé ( 14,500).
This section of an article is missing some information. Please try to add some relevant content.