Tokens ( or ) are a measure of hard currency currently used since Asphalt 8: Airborne. Introduced in the Winter Update, they can be obtained through Events, in-game advertisements (at a rate of 2 per 15~30 second ad), in-game purchase in the form of token packs, as a Mastery Reward for certain cars, completing Daily Tasks, as a Multiplayer League level up bonus, and as a Multiplayer League points reward.
Tokens are represented as blue 3D pentagonal coins marked with an "A", the same "A" that is used in the Asphalt series logo.
- There are many cars that can be bought with tokens, and as of the Decals Update, many cars that were previously only available for real-life cash became available for sale as Token cars. With the Elite Cars Update, several previously credits only cars are now also purchasable with tokens.
- The Decals Update also introduced purchasabale decals for cars (hence the name), many of which can be purchased with tokens.
- In addition to cars, the Double Credits, Extra Tank, Absolute Armor, Nitro Recharger, and Boosted Wheels require tokens to buy.
- All pro kit boxes, with the exception of the Super Racer Kit Box, are bought with tokens.
- The proto keys from Research & Development can be restored for 5 - 150.
- If the main goal from a test in an R&D event is failed, the quality checks earned can be kept by spending some tokens.
- Tokens can be used to unlock a Lab in R&D or Auto-Test a test, bypassing it.
- Elite Cars' conditions can be instantly restored.
- Enduro Double Down:
- The Invites can be paid tokens to be instantly delivered.
- The Double Down bonus until the first Ace Racer costs 50.
- Choosing to bank Enduro Points and continue with the Double Down bonus costs tokens. The amount charged increases the closer the player is towards the final Tier.
- Race re-rolls cost 25.
- A failed race has a tokens option to redo the race without losing any unbanked EP or starting the challenge again from the start.
- Tokens can be used to auto-pass a challenge.
- Choosing to save up Multiplayer League points while keeping the risk bonus multiplier costs 100
- A refill, costing between 7- 65 is available for the fuel bar in the events section. The amount to be paid is determined by the number of fuel segments to be refilled. Each segment costs 6.5 but this amount is rounded up to the nearest whole number to avoid a partial amount of tokens.
- The Upgrades for several cars are purchasable with tokens as of the Lunar New Year Update.
- In Championships, locations can be auto-unlocked with tokens.
- Blueprint-unlockable cars can be instantly built with tokens. The price to instantly assemble, just like with R&D Proto Keys, EDD Invitations, and Championship Tires, decreases over time.
- The first three Exclusive Deals are purchasable with tokens.
Token packs are an in-app purchase that provides the player a set amount of tokens in exchange for real money. While the price for a pack increases for a bigger payout, the larger packs are overall of more value as the player gains a larger amount for a reduced oney → tokens cost ratio. With the
Rio de Janeiro Update, each token pack will also award the player with VIP points for the VIP System.
A Tokens Pass Subscription is also available for certain players/regions and gives a total of 3,000, 600 more than a Mountain of Tokens for the price of a Hoard of Tokens. The catch is that the player has to log-in to the game everyday for a consecutive 30 times with each log-in awarding 100
- Handful of Tokens: 200 & 200 VIP points
- Stack of Tokens: 525 & 500 VIP points
- Hoard of Tokens: 1,100 & 1,000 VIP points
- Mountain of Tokens: 2,400 & 2,000 VIP points.
- Tokens Pass Subscription: 3,000 & 900 VIP points
- Truckload of Tokens: 6,500 & 5,000 VIP points.
- Vault of Tokens: 15,000 & 10,000 VIP points.
Transferability with credits
There is no official conversion rate between tokens and Credits in Asphalt 8: Airborne. A token is worth 138 on average, and at most, 312. This is only an estimate as the amount of in-game tokens received for an equivalent value of credits depends largely on what you purchased.
In general, the lower the credit/token ratio of the car price is, the more economical it would be to purchase the car with credits instead of tokens. Due to the scarcity and high value of tokens to most players, it is usually a better choice to purchase item with credits and save the tokens for other uses.
- The Rookie Credit Pack ( 30,000) and Handful of Tokens Pack ( 200) at US$1.99; 150 credits per token
- The Driver Credit Pack ( 80,000) and Stack of Tokens Pack ( 525) at US$4.99; 152 credits per token
- The Pilot Credit Pack ( 175,000) and Hoard of Tokens Pack ( 1,100) at US$9.99; 159 credits per token
- The Pro Credit Pack ( 420,000) and Mountain of Tokens Pack ( 2,400) at US$19.99; 175 credits per token
- The Champion Credit Pack ( 1,200,000) and Truckload of Tokens Pack ( 6,500) at US$49.99; 185 credits per token
- The Master Credit Pack ( 3,000,000) and Vault of Tokens Pack ( 15,000) at US$99.99; 200 credits per token
- The Cadillac XTS at 5,000 or 80; 63 credits per token
- The Suzuki GSX-R750 at 30,000 or 150; 200 credits per token
- The Alfa Romeo MiTo GTA at 12,000 or 190; 63 credits per token
- The Nissan Juke Nismo at 95,000 or 1,100; 141 credits per token
- The Alfa Romeo Giulietta 2016 Veloce at 170,000 or 1,200; 142 credits per token
- The Mazda 6 at 270,000 or 1,475; at 183 credits per token
- The Donkervoort D8 GTO at 325,000 or 2,000; 163 credits per token
- The Buick Avista Concept at 335,000 or 2,050; 163 credits per token
- The Ford Focus RS at 16,000 or 220; 73 credits per token
- The Infiniti FX50 at 33,500 or 420; 80 credits per token
- The Mercedes-Benz GLC Coupe at 240,000 or 1,100; 218 credits per token
- The Acura NSX 2005 at 90,000 or 525; 171 credits per token
- The Cadillac ATS-V Coupe at 250,000 or 2,050; 122 credits per token
- The Lamborghini Miura at 325,000 or 2,100, at 155 credits per token
- The Toyota Supra RZ (Mark IV) at 350,000 or 2,400 146 credits per token
- The Mercedes-Benz CLA 45 AMG Racing Series at 405,000 or 2,500; 162 credits per token
- The Honda Integra Type-R at 450,000 or 2,650, at 155 credits per token
- The Chevrolet SS at 890,000 or 5,800; 153 credits per token
- The TVR Sagaris at 900,000 or 5,950; 151 credits per token
- The Lamborghini Estoque at 950,000 or 6,200; 153 credits per token
- The Mercedes-AMG GT3 at 1,000,000 or 6,425; 156 credits per token
- The 2010 Bentley Continental Supersports at 1,100,000 or 6,525; 169 credits per token
- The Ferrari F12berlinetta at 125,000 or 2,200; 57 credits per token
- The Volkswagen W12 at 475,000 or 3,450 ; 137 credits per token
- The Mosler GT3 at 985,000 or 5,325 ; 184 credits per token
- The Jaguar XJ220S at 1,275,000 or 5,975; 213 credits per token
- The RUF CTR 3 at 175,000 or 1,150; 152 credits per token
- The SSC Tuatara at 950,000 or 4,750 ; 200 credits per token
- The Renault Sport R.S. 01 at 1,950,000 or 9,925; 211 credits per token
- The Mosler Land Shark at 2,250,000 or 10,975; 205 credits per token
- The TRION NEMESIS at 3,257,000 or 13,975 ; 233 credits per token
- The Devel Sixteen Prototype at 4,950,000 or 14,500; 341 credits per token
In the Research & Development Update, any car that was normally sold for tokens/licenses would end up selling for the same price, but in credits. This would normally happen under a weak Wi-Fi/mobile data connection. An example of this would be the McLaren P1™ GTR selling for the price of an Aston Martin DB9 Coupé ( 14,500).