Tokyo Reverse opening screen, Asphalt 8: Airborne.
|Asphalt Series|| Asphalt 3: Street Rules|
Asphalt 4: Elite Racing
Asphalt 6: Adrenaline
Asphalt 7: Heat
Asphalt 8: Airborne
|Available in|| |
|# of Races in Career Mode|| |
In Asphalt 7: Heat, it resembles China.
The NISMO Race Track is also featured here, and is later renamed to Tokyo Reverse in later games.
Tokyo is a long track, having a length as high as 4.772 mi (7.683 km), and as such, any lapped races on Tokyo done in Quick Solo Race will always last 1 lap. Tokyo is also the first location in the game that is set at night, practically a stormy night, as proven by the Metal Effects. As it is always raining in Tokyo, many cars wreck due to the slippery roads and sidewalks, especially the latter. Touching the overground transit system will wreck the car as well.
Several featured landmarks are the Odaiba Park known for the RX78 Gundam statue, Haneda Bay Tunnel, and Yokohama Bridge. Due to copyright issues, the statue uses a generic robot stand in. At the end of the Haneda Bay Tunnel is a water pipe tunnel.
Tokyo is also the location of the first Gate Drift event.
The reverse version of the track, Tokyo Reverse, has a different starting point and some of the alternate routes that would have been accessible on the nonreverse version are blocked off.
During Christmas seasons, Christmas decorations are placed all over Tokyo, one thing including the replacement of the "Let's Go!" (レッツゴー！) sign with a "Merry Christmas" sign. Others include Christmas trees, gift boxes, and snowmen scattered all over the track, as well as snowflakes replacing the normal rain. As of the Winter 2016 Update, the rain effects now replace the snowflakes while in the wet water pipe tunnel.
The following vehicles have their banners depicted in Tokyo:
- SUBARU IMPREZA WRX STI
- Mazda RX-8
- Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione
- Acura NSX 2005
- Mitsubishi Eclipse
- Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34)
- Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse
- W Motors Lykan HyperSport
- Chrysler ME412
- McLaren F1 XP-5
Recommended vehicles Edit
- Any vehicle with a very good top speed. It's even better when the car with the good top speed also has a slowly-draining nitro (e.g. Chevrolet 2016 Camaro SS, Aston Martin One-77).
- It is recommended to avoid using vehicles with low top speeds and/or bad nitro efficiency (e.g. Audi R8 e-tron, AC 378 GT Z), as some straights lack ramps where the player can recharge their nitro through Flat Spins and Barrel Rolls.
- Danger!!! Skidding and wrecking are common on the Tokyo tracks, especially on the reverse track with cars like the Koenigsegg Agera R and Mercedes-Benz Biome! Exercise care at all costs, or just keep restarting the race (unless it's a multiplayer race) until the skidding disappears.
- Tokyo is the only location in the game to not appear in the Exclusive Metal Events.
- In the mall, there is a flag banner advertising Asphalt 7: Heat.
- In the pipe tunnel and in the city, logos of Shark Dash, another Gameloft game, can be seen.
- References to other Gameloft games, including N.O.V.A. 3 Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance, can be seen as well.
- Tokyo and London are the only two tracks in the game where traffic cars drive on the left side of the road.
|Race Tracks in Asphalt 8: Airborne|
|Original Tracks||Nevada • Iceland • Tokyo • French Guiana • London • Barcelona • Alps • Venice • Azure Coast|
|Time-Released Tracks||The Great Wallg • Dubaid • San Diego Harbors • Sector 8w • Tenerifet • Area 51sg • Rio de Janeiror • Patagonialny|
|g - The Great Wall Update, d - Dubai Update, s - San Diego Harbor Update, w - Winter Update, t - Tenerife Update, sg - Santa's Gift Update, r - Rio de Janeiro Update, lny - Lunar New Year 2017 Update|