Venice is a historical Italian city situated on Italy's northeast coast and is surrounded by an inaccessible river. It appears as a race track in the Asphalt series.
Venice has two race track variants:
- Venice: regular track
- Venice Reverse: which has the same start point as the normal Venice track except it is actually shorter due to a part of the track being blocked off.
Venice, a track that spans at most a length of 4.173 mi (6.719 km), is notorious as an extremely difficult map to master owing to its narrow streets where its very easy to wreck, so using nitro is a dangerous option, though if careful you can use it without wrecking. The map features St. Mark's Square, which may require lots of drifting to maneuver around.
The following vehicles have their banners depicted in Venice:
- Dodge Dart GT
- Cadillac XTS
- Alfa Romeo Giulietta 2016 Veloce
- Alfa Romeo 4C
- Lamborghini Miura
- Vencer Sarthe
- Ducati Monster 1200
- Lamborghini Asterion
- Cadillac 16 Concept
- Cars with excellent handling (especially in drifts) and overall stats (e.g. Apollo Intensa Emozione, Renault Alpine Celebration, etc.) are highly recommended, as the forward Venice track features a 315° turn to the left, which can be rather difficult to tackle.
- The McLaren MP4-31 is capable of tackling the infamous carousel-like turn without needing to drift.
- Cars that cannot drift well (e.g. Sbarro Alcador, Ferrari GTC4Lusso, Audi RS 4 Avant, etc.) are impractical to use here as due to the heavy amounts of curves, their bad drifting is their downfall as they will more often than not hit the walls, if not wreck very often. Their weakness will especially show on the forwards track which has the infamous 315° left turn through St. Mark's Square.
- Venice is cluttered with puddles, making it easy for the player to skid and wreck right out of the blue. This occurs even more so on cars like the Mercedes-Benz Biome, Lotus Evora Sport 410, and Koenigsegg Agera R, so it is recommended to turn down the sensitivity before driving in this track to reduce the chances of skidding.
- Fastest Vehicles By Class
- D: Mazda RX-8
- C: Sbarro Sparta
- B: Mazda RX-8 Special Edition
- A: McLaren Mercedes MP4-25
- S: Apollo Intensa Emozione
- There are no alternative routes in Venice.
- The path of the circuit in Venice passes through the most famous places of the city, like St. Mark's Square or the Bridge of Freedom.
- In real life, the narrow streets of Venice are so narrow that cars, bikes, and motorcycles cannot go through. Residents move through the streets on foot or by boat.
- In the summer of 2014, during the Fuel Events Update, Venice was given a temporary Modern Combat 5: Blackout theme in honor of the game's release. This included explosions around the city, tanks, and helicopters.
- Venice is one of four tracks to feature trains (the other three being Tokyo, Rio and Munich). However, unlike the other tracks where trains serve as dangerous obstacles, the train here is stationary and blocked off behind a barrier near the U-turn intersection. Because of this, it does not pose any danger towards the player; however it is possible to wreck against the trains as a result of head-on collision.
- In Venice Reverse, there is a hidden (illegitimate) shortcut that only motorcycles can exploit. It involves bumping against the invisible walls when taking the 3rd ramp, resulting in the motorcycle flying high enough into the air to land in another part of the track in close proximity to the end of the lap. If executed smoothly, the player can achieve a timing of ~30 seconds.
- The Venice Reverse illegitimate shortcut has been patched, but there is another illegitimate shortcut in Venice forward that again, only motorcycles can exploit. It involves braking and stopping near the first turn at the gate, and then respawning near the end of the track.
- On August 5, 2018, an advertising campaign for Asphalt 9: Legends was featured in the form of billboards in various locations across both versions of the track.
|Race Tracks in Asphalt 8: Airborne|
|Original Tracks||Nevada • Iceland • Tokyo • French Guiana • London • Barcelona • Alps • Venice • Azure Coast|
|Time-Released Tracks||The Great Wallg • Dubaid • San Diego Harbors • Sector 8w • Tenerifet • Area 51sg • Rio de Janeiror • Patagonialny • Munich Subwaymn|
|g - The Great Wall Update, d - Dubai Update, s - San Diego Harbor Update, w - Winter Update, t - Tenerife Update, sg - Santa's Gift Update, r - Rio de Janeiro Update, lny - Lunar New Year 2017 Update, mn - Munich Update|