The Winter Update, also known as the Pro Kits Update or Sector 8 Update, is the seventh update of Asphalt 8: Airborne. It was released in December 2014. Introduced in the update are Pro Kits and a hard currency, as well as the Sector 8 track.
The following text was published on the Apple Store:
Gifts are coming early this year! Download the new Asphalt 8 update and unwrap all these sweet new features:
- PRO KITS
- Take your car's stats to the limit... then break clear through to the sky!
- 11 NEW CARS
- NEW LOCATION
- Race, compete and survive the craziest & most challenging tracks we've ever created!
- HOLIDAY RUSH
- NEW TOKEN SYSTEM
- Nothing is beyond your reach now! Earn tokens to acquire exclusive cars, refill Fuel or buy boosters. Stock up on tokens by playing events or purchasing them in the Shop.
New Cars Edit
- Class D
- Class C
- Class B
- Class A
- Class S
- 9FF GT9 VMAX (token car)
The new cars will need the following engine cards:
- V6 Engine: Acura NSX 2005 (x4)
- V8 Engine: Ferrari 308 GTS (x4), Felino cB7 (x8), Spada Codatronca TSS (x4), Arrinera Hussayra (x12), Lucra L148 (x12)
- Electric Engine: Rimac Concept One (x8)
- F6 Engine: 9FF GT9 VMAX (x44)
- V12 Engine: Tramontana XTR (x8)
- W16 Engine: Volkswagen W12 (x36)
Game Changes Edit
- New location: Sector 8.
- Christmas decorations added to Iceland, Tokyo, and the Alps. They return every Christmas season, in the Santa's Gift Update and Championship Update.
- Pro Kits introduced. These allow a car to perform better than its maximum rank would allow, similar to a Tuning Kit. However, unlike Tuning Kits, Pro Kits can upgrade the stats of a car individually, and require cards in order to purchase unlocks
- New currency: tokens ( ). Tokens can be used to buy Double Credits Bonuses, Extra Tanks, Card Boxes, some new cars, and to refill fuel points. For more information, see the Tokens page.
- AI racer ranks are now calculated better based on either the recommended rank of the event or the rank of the car you are using. For more information, see this page.
- The Ferrari 599XX now always comes with a black hardtop roof.
- The Peugeot Onyx's appearance has been slightly modified; it now appears oxidized.
- The speed stats in the Garage are now displayed with one decimal place for better accuracy. However, internal data suggests that there are actually at least two decimal places.
- When selecting a car that the player doesn't own in the garage, the car is no longer surrounded by a red dashed ring circling the car's platform (shown on right).
- The hue of the Garage no longer changes when selecting cars for Events.
- This is the last update of the year 2014.
- This is also the last update to feature the original Garage design.
- The Arrinera Hussarya is shown on the app icon for this update.
|Updates for Asphalt 8: Airborne|
|2013||Free to Play Update (v1.1.0)|
|2014||Daily Bonus Update (v1.2.0) • The Great Wall Update (v1.3.0) • Fuel Events Update (v1.4.0) • Dubai Update (v1.5.0) • San Diego Harbor Update (v1.6.0) • Winter Update (v1.7.0)|
|2015||Decals Update (v1.8.0) • More Than 300 Decals Update (v1.8.1) • Tenerife Update (v1.9.0) • Car Mastery Update (v2.0.0) • Research & Development Update (v2.1.0) • Santa's Gift Update (v2.2.0)|
|2016||Lunar New Year Update (v2.3.0) • Elite Cars Update (v2.4.0) • Enduro Update (v2.5.0) • Rio de Janeiro Update (v2.6.0) • Multiplayer League Update (v2.7.0) • Championship Update (v2.8.0)|
|2017||Lunar New Year 2017 Update (v2.9.0) • Car Blueprints Update (v3.0.0) • Porsche Update (v3.1.0) • Motorcycles Update (v3.2.0)|