The Winter Update, also known as the Pro Kits Update or Sector 8 Update, is the seventh update of Asphalt 8: Airborne. It was released in December 2014. Introduced in the update are Pro Kits and a hard currency, as well as the Sector 8 track.
The following text was published on the Apple Store:
Gifts are coming early this year! Download the new Asphalt 8 update and unwrap all these sweet new features:
- PRO KITS
- Take your car's stats to the limit... then break clear through to the sky!
- 11 NEW CARS
- NEW LOCATION
- Race, compete and survive the craziest & most challenging tracks we've ever created!
- HOLIDAY RUSH
- NEW TOKEN SYSTEM
- Nothing is beyond your reach now! Earn tokens to acquire exclusive cars, refill Fuel or buy boosters. Stock up on tokens by playing events or purchasing them in the Shop.
- Class D
- Class C
- Class B
- Class A
- Class S
- 9FF GT9 VMAX (token car)
The new cars will need the following engine cards:
- V6 Engine:
- Acura NSX 2005 (x4)
- V8 Engine:
- Ferrari 308 GTS (x4)
- Felino cB7 (x8)
- Spada Codatronca TSS (x4)
- Arrinera Hussayra (x12)
- Lucra L148 (x12)
- Electric Engine
- Rimac Concept One (x8)
- F6 Engine
- 9FF GT9 VMAX (x44)
- V12 Engine
- Tramontana XTR (x8)
- W16 Engine
- Volkswagen W12 (x36)
- New location: Sector 8.
- Christmas decorations added to Iceland, Tokyo, and the Alps. They return every Christmas season, in the Santa's Gift Update, Championship Update and Hot Wheels Update.
- Pro Kits introduced. These allow a car to perform better than its maximum rank would allow, similar to a Tuning Kit. However, unlike Tuning Kits, Pro Kits can upgrade the stats of a car individually, and require cards in order to purchase unlocks
- New currency: Tokens ( ). Tokens can be used to buy Double Credits Bonuses, Extra Tanks, Card Boxes, some new cars, and to refill fuel points.
- AI racer ranks are now calculated better based on either the recommended rank of the event or the rank of the car you are using. For more information, see this page.
- The Ferrari 599XX now always comes with a black hardtop roof.
- The Peugeot Onyx's appearance has been slightly modified; it now appears oxidized.
- The speed stats in the Garage are now displayed with one decimal place for better accuracy. However, internal data suggests that there are actually at least two decimal places.
- When selecting a car that the player doesn't own in the garage, the car is no longer surrounded by a red dashed ring circling the car's platform (shown on right).
- The hue of the Garage no longer changes when selecting cars for Events.
- This is also the last update to feature the original Garage design.
|Updates for Asphalt 8: Airborne|
|2013||Free to Play Update (v1.1.0)|
|2014|| Daily Bonus Update (v1.2.0) • The Great Wall Update (v1.3.0) |
Fuel Events Update (v1.4.0) • Dubai Update (v1.5.0)
San Diego Harbor Update (v1.6.0) • Winter Update (v1.7.0)
|2015|| Decals Update (v1.8.0) • More Than 300 Decals Update (v1.8.1) |
Tenerife Update (v1.9.0) • Car Mastery Update (v2.0.0)
Research & Development Update (v2.1.0) • Santa's Gift Update (v2.2.0)
|2016|| Lunar New Year Update (v2.3.0) • Elite Cars Update (v2.4.0) |
Enduro Update (v2.5.0) • Rio de Janeiro Update (v2.6.0)
Multiplayer League Update (v2.7.0) • Championship Update (v2.8.0)
|2017|| Lunar New Year 2017 Update (v2.9.0) • Car Blueprints Update (v3.0.0) |
Porsche Update (v3.1.0) • Motorcycles Update (v3.2.0)
Munich Update (v3.3.0) • Hot Wheels Update (v3.4.0)
|2018||Fall Out Boy Update (v3.5.0) • 2018 Spring Update (v3.6.0)|